4/7 Grammy Blick

I want to thank the Carpenter ...

... who provided a home for me in heaven. Oh, I have a comfortable one here, shared with loved ones. But the one I'll eventually move into has been bought and paid for, no mortgage, no interest, a gift from the Master Builder. He took time from creating all creation to provide a home for His children.

In Genesis 20:13 and Genesis 24:7 Abraham speaks of God causing him to wander from "my father's house." The phrase is used often in the Old Testament.

But my favorite use is in John 14:2, where God sent His son to tell us about our heavenly home: "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

I do not wish to imagine what it must look like. Why begin with an imagination that cannot fathom the glory of God. I prefer to leave it in the hands of the One who created the universe, who spoke light into being then divided it from the dark. He Who Is, Was and evermore Shall Be. The Alpha and Omega. The great I AM.

Eternally, I shall be grateful for all He has done for me. I pray, constantly, for others. That they may also come to know Him and be "… filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened... “ (Acts 3:10 KJV)

No comments: