5/10 Be Humble


King James Daily Bible Study Devotional
Message Title: Be Humble
Date: Thursday May 10, 2012Today's Chapters: 2 Chronicles 5-7

Hello My Friend,

The word humble means h
aving or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance, perhaps one of the most difficult things about being a Christian is that we are to be humble. Now, this does not mean that we are not to work hard and have confidence in a job well done, but what it does mean is that we are not irreplaceable. We must humble ourselves if we want to see God bless our efforts. Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.” - James 4:2,3,10.
Now that the Temple was complete it was time to bring the Ark of God to it's final resting place. Solomon gathered the priests and Levites as God commanded would be the only ones allowed to handle the Ark and put the Ark and all the holy vessels in place. The Ark was a token of the presence of God, when the people saw the Ark they knew that God was with them. There was nothing in the Ark except for the two tablets of stone with the Ten Commandments on them. These were to be a constant reminder of God's Covenant with Israel and to make them a holy nation. With praise, thanksgiving, music, and singing all the people were gathered together as one to see this wonderful event take place. As soon as the Ark was in it's place God took possession of the Temple.
And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place: (for all the priests that were present were sanctified, and did not then wait by course: Also the Levites which were the singers, all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, being arrayed in white linen, having cymbals and psalteries and harps, stood at the east end of the altar, and with them an hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets:) It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD; So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.” - 2 Chronicles 5:11-14.

One day all of God's people, those whom have called on the Lord Jesus Christ to save them, will be dressed in white linen and singing praises and playing music in honor of God in His Kingdom. “
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.” - Revelation 7”9,12,13-15.

Now, Solomon prays the largest prayer recorded in the Bible, first, he prays for Israel than the stranger who seeks God. He prays for God to have mercy and forgiveness upon all who sin against Him.
If a man sin against his neighbour, and an oath be laid upon him to make him swear, and the oath come before thine altar in this house; Then hear thou from heaven, and do, and judge thy servants, by requiting the wicked, by recompensing his way upon his own head; and by justifying the righteous, by giving him according to his righteousness. When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou dost afflict them; Moreover concerning the stranger, which is not of thy people Israel, but is come from a far country for thy great name's sake, and thy mighty hand, and thy stretched out arm; if they come and pray in this house; Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by thy name.” - 2 Chronicles 6:22,23,26,32,33.

God gives a response to Solomon's prayer, once again through a dream. “
And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place. For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.” - 2 Chronicles 7:12-16.

God assured Solomon that if the people themselves humbled themselves before Him and repented of their sins that they would be forgiven. God only listens to the prayers of those who seek His face, meaning those who humbly come to Him wholeheartedly and willingly themselves. We can pray for someone, but that someone also needs to seek God's face also. Unless we come to God ourselves He will not hear us. “
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” - Romans 10:9-13.
Today's Psalm: 10:17 - “LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
Today's Proverb: 29:23 - “A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
Today's Prayer: God, I admit that my whole life I had to be independent, I did not know what it meant to depend on others because I had no one to depend on. Now, that You are in my life I have had to learn to depend on others, most of all upon You. I still struggle with this, yet You never stop showing me that no matter how low I get You are there to pick me back up. God, teach me to humble myself before You always, I know I would save myself a lot of tears and grief if I would just do that all the time. Give me Your strength to endure and give peace and comfort to get through my struggles. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Enjoy the rest of your day/night. God Bless You, I am praying for you,
Christina
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's Price
Missed A Devotional? Visit: King James Bible Study
Subscribe To This Devotional: King James Bible StudyVisit The Official Site Of: I'm Following Jesus
Like Us On Facebook: I'm Following Jesus

No comments: