5/8 You Are Chosen


King James Daily Bible Study Devotional
Message Title: You Are Chosen
Date: Tuesday May 08, 2012Today's Chapters: 1 Chronicles 27-29

Hello My Friend,

Are you struggling right now? Are you weary and tired? We all get that way from time to time, much too often we just do not know how to get out of it. There is a way out of every situation, Jesus Christ. If you have called on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you and are trusting in Him alone for your salvation than you are God's kid . Rejoice! He doesn't want to see you suffer. God chose you to go through what you are going through and if you have faith and trust Him He will not only give you rest He will use you to save others and that is His main purpose for allowing us to suffer.
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.” - 2 Timothy 2:19,24-26.

After David appointed the Levites their duties in the temple he sets order in his kingdom, the groundskeepers to the captains of the guards, every person was chosen by David himself. “Now the children of Israel after their number, to wit, the chief fathers and captains of thousands and hundreds, and their officers that served the king in any matter of the courses, which came in and went out month by month throughout all the months of the year, of every course were twenty and four thousand. And over the king's treasures was Azmaveth the son of Adiel: and over the storehouses in the fields, in the cities, and in the villages, and in the castles, was Jehonathan the son of Uzziah: Also Jonathan David's uncle was a counsellor, a wise man, and a scribe: and Jehiel the son of Hachmoni was with the king's sons:” - 1 Chronicles 27:1,25,32. 

Jesus chooses every one of the people He ordains in His Kingdom, from working in the church to the work outside of the church. “Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” - John 15:15,16.

David reminds Solomon and all the people that God chose Solomon Himself to be king as well as the house in which He would establish through his kingdom. And of all my sons, (for the LORD hath given me many sons,) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel. And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father. Moreover I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he be constant to do my commandments and my judgments, as at this day. Now therefore in the sight of all Israel the congregation of the LORD, and in the audience of our God, keep and seek for all the commandments of the LORD your God: that ye may possess this good land, and leave it for an inheritance for your children after you for ever.” - 1 Chronicles 28:5-8.

God has already predestined you for the work He calls you to do well before you were even born. Even if it takes you years to accomplish what He calls for you to do, He never stops working in you until you accomplish that task. “
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:” - Ephesians 1:4,5,9-11.

God knows our hearts and intentions, if we are serving Him wholeheartedly He will always be with us, helping us, and giving us the power and strength to accomplish our work. After David's instructions, he offered one of the most inspiring prayers recorded in Scripture, a prayer of thanksgiving, praise, adoration, and God's great love. Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all. Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all. Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name. But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee. For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.” - 1 Chronicles 29:11-15.

David's heartfelt prayer is a reminder to all of us that prayer should be a time of praising and worshiping God with thanksgiving for who He is, as well as for what He has given us. As we recognize our total dependence upon God for everything, we will praise Him for His provisions. When we neglect to praise God daily, our worship often becomes a mere ritual. Every day, under every circumstance, in every thing, we need to give thanks to the Lord. It is often through praise and worship, especially through our trying days, that God will lift us up and give us the strength to keep going. “Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.” - James 4:8-10.

Today's Psalm: 105:43 - “And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness:
Today's Proverb: 22:1 - “A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
Today's Prayer: God, It is so easy to get caught up in every day life that I become weary and tired not only physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. I just do not know how to find the strength to keep going sometimes. I understand that it is when I am weak that You give me strength to keep going. I am asking You for that strength. Strengthen my mind, spirit, and body to be used of You wherever You need me. I know that as I serve You with all my heart that my faith, trust, and dependence on You will not only give me peace, but also victory as You break the chains that Satan has bound me to. In Jesus name. Amen.Enjoy the rest of your day/night. God Bless You, I am praying for you,
Christina


Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's Price
Missed A Devotional? Visit: King James Bible Study
Subscribe To This Devotional: King James Bible StudyVisit The Official Site Of: I'm Following Jesus
Like Us On Facebook: I'm Following Jesus

No comments: