6/05 Come Out Of The Dark


Date: Tuesday June 05, 2012
Today's Chapters: Job 17-20Message Title: Come Out Of The Dark

Hello My Friend,

You know, at times, no matter how strong our faith, things can overwhelm us so much that even when we are serving God we cannot feel His presence, our heart and soul becomes weak, weary, and lifeless. We can go years serving God, praying, and reading our Bibles in hopes that we will see some kind of light at the end of the tunnel only to still see constant darkness. We do not have to live in darkness, we are the light through Christ who lives in us, therefore, it's time to come out of the dark. “
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.” - Ephesians 5:8-14.

Job was in a situation he could not control, he was in pain, still mourning the loss of his children, his wife did not recognize him, he lost everything he had of value, and on top of that he had four friends that were persecuting him. He felt all alone and just wanted an end to be of the nightmare he was in. “
My breath is corrupt, my days are extinct, the graves are ready for me. The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger. But as for you all, do ye return, and come now: for I cannot find one wise man among you. My days are past, my purposes are broken off, even the thoughts of my heart. They change the night into day: the light is short because of darkness. If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.” - Job 17:1,9-13.

As long as Job remained in bondage to his troubles he would not see the light, I can recall times in my life when it seemed everyone was against me and I couldn't do anything right. I just wanted to get away from everyone and start over somewhere else. I learned the hard way that you cannot leave your problems, they somehow find you wherever you go and darken your path until you face them. Let me tell you, facing your problems brings a lot of persecution, but it will make you stronger and stronger as long as you get your strength from Christ. We cannot handle some of these things on our own, sometimes we need the power of God to get us out of the darkness. “
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.” - 1 Peter 2:9,10.

Bildad speaks a second time, the first time he at least gave him a little good advice and encouragement to seek God, but this time he rebukes him and harshly too. He came to the conclusion that Job shut out the providence of God from the management of human affairs because he would not admit himself to be wicked. “
How long will it be ere ye make an end of words? mark, and afterwards we will speak. He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world. He shall neither have son nor nephew among his people, nor any remaining in his dwellings. They that come after him shall be astonied at his day, as they that went before were affrighted. Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knoweth not God.” - Job 18:2,18-21.

W
e all have some wicked in us, but those who put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ to save them are redeemed, set free from the dwellings of the wicked, which is hell. Every person can be against you in the world, but God knows the truth about you. God sees the blood of Christ that is applied upon your soul and because you are one of His you get much more than salvation. Jesus said, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” - Matthew 7:11-14.

As Job was hearing more criticism from his friends he began thinking more wisely, although his friends had nothing nice to say, his wife was not there to give him support, and it seemed as though God was no where to be found He knew who his Redeemer was.
Know now that God hath overthrown me, and hath compassed me with his net. Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry aloud, but there is no judgment. For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. But ye should say, Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me? Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath bringeth the punishments of the sword, that ye may know there is a judgment.” - Job 19:6,7,25-29.

Even Job knew who his Redeemer was and that through Him he would be saved. We are not redeemed for any righteousness of our own, but through the blood of Christ. Salvation or eternal life is the gift of God through His mercy and grace in our acceptance of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, it cannot be earned, bought, or paid for on our own. We need a Redeemer to be saved from death and hell, that Redeemer is only Jesus Christ. “
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;” - Romans 3:10,11,23-25.
Sometimes, in fact, most often, in order for us to realize that we have been seeking every other means except Jesus to come out of the dark we will face more problems. God doesn't do it to make us suffer more, but to show us that we cannot get out of the dark without Him. The more we try to fix problems on our own the more problems we have. Why? Because we are using our own reasoning, backed up by tons of emotions jumbled into one big mess, to try to fix them. If we want to come out of the dark we need to walk with Jesus, not just read the Bible and pray, we need to include Him in everything. Talk to Him, sing to Him, communicate with Him, people may look at you funny, but you will start seeing the light because you will be laughing at the funny looks they give you. “Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.” - Luke 6:21-23.
Today's Prayer: God, Thank You for sending Your Son to redeem me, I know I am not saved by any righteousness of my own, but by my faith and trust in what Your Son did for me. Because I am redeemed I know that You are always with me, but sometimes I feel like I am in the dark. I catch myself trying to handle my problems on my own instead of asking You for help and I know that is why I lose all hope that things will change for me. Lord, give me Your power to see past my problems and look to You, as I do my part by faith I know You will do Your part and I will see the light. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On Facebook: I'm Following JesusSubscribe To This Devotional: SubscribeUnsubscribe From This Devotional: Unsubscribe

No comments: