6/07 Pure Wisdom Prospers


Date: June 07, 2012
Today's Chapters: Job 25-29Message Title: Pure Wisdom Prospers

Hello My Friend,
The word wise is defined as having the power of discerning and judging correctly. The word wisdom is defined as the right use or exercise of that knowledge. You do not have to be a scholar to know that some people do not need to know certain things because if they did they would use it and abuse it in the worst way. This kind of wisdom is evil and does not come from God, pure wisdom that comes from God is worth more than gold and every one prospers from it. “Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.” - James 3:13-17.

I do not know how long Job's friends sat with him, but I imagine it seemed like a lifetime to Job as Eliphaz,
Zophar, and Bildad constantly criticized every word he spoke to defend himself. Bildad continues, questioning Job when he said that he would be justified before God. Dominion and fear are with him, he maketh peace in his high places. Is there any number of his armies? and upon whom doth not his light arise? How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman? Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight. How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?” - Job 25:2-6.

Pure wisdom that comes from God will teach a person that because of the sin nature we are born with no one can be justified by God all by themselves, no matter how good we try to be we can never measure up to the goodness of God. One little sin means we would have to start all over again in hopes that we could earn our way to heaven before it is too late. That is why God had a plan to make people right with Him before it was too late, not by any good that we do can we be justified, but by one man, that man is Jesus Christ. Those that were around before Jesus came to earth looked to Him as their Savior as well as those who look to Him now as their Savior. “
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.” - Romans 3:10-12,23,24,28.
God had already justified Job's true nature by saying he was perfect and upright, so, Job really had nothing to prove to his friends, but he found himself over and over again trying to prove that he had not sinned to cause all the suffering he had gone through. Although Job felt like God had taken away his judgment (understanding) of what was going on and that his soul was being vexed (tormented) he knew that the Spirit of God was within him. Job was not about to let any of these men cause him to lose his integrity (moral soundness or purity). “All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit. God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me. My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live. Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous. For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?” - Job 27:3-8.

Pure wisdom that comes from God will teach a person that sometimes God allows us to struggle for no wrong that we have done. It teaches us that during times like these we do not have to lose our morals to get through the struggles in life, we have the Spirit of God in us and and He will help us through them as long as we look to Him. “
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.” - 2 Thessalonians 2:14-17.

We do not need to be afraid or troubled over our struggles, the Holy Spirit is with us and will show us how to overcome them as long as we keep holding on to our trust in God. Job then looked beyond the criticisms to the Source of all true wisdom. “
But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding? Man knoweth not the price thereof; neither is it found in the land of the living. No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is above rubies. The topaz of Ethiopia shall not equal it, neither shall it be valued with pure gold. Whence then cometh wisdom? and where is the place of understanding? God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof. And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.” - Job 28:12,13,18-20,23,28.

Job was never as concerned about knowing the answer to why he was struggling as he was about knowing that God was in His life. He knew that as long as God was with him that he would have wisdom as he feared God.
Knowledge is power and God trusts only His people with His power, as long as we fear Him we receive that power and the ability to overcome every situation we are faced with. Pure wisdom teaches us that if we know God He will shine through us by the good works we do as we fear God. We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,” - 2 Corinthians 6:1,4-7.

Job’s answer continued, he recollects the story of his life before he was hit with his affliction, kind of wishing things were like they were back then. “
Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me; When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness; As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle; When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me; I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.” - Job 29:2-5,25.

I imagine we all have times in our lives where we think back on the things we had, wishing we still had them or living the life we once lived. While it is good to remember the good times we must not forget that better times are awaiting us. Nothing lasts forever except our salvation, but as the saying goes, “When one door closes another one opens.” We will not struggle forever, it too does not last, that is unless we want it to last. We have the power to let our struggles control us or to take control of our struggles. Remember, God cannot help us unless we are willing to help ourselves. “
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.” - Revelation 3:20,21.
Today's Prayer: God, Thank You for giving me the wisdom to know Your Son personally. I can recall the time in my life when I only knew the name Jesus and am so thankful that You showed me the truth before it was too late. Sometimes I forget that You truly do love me and do not want to see me suffer, I know the struggles I face are only temporary, and that it's my choice to suffer them all by myself or let You handle them. It's time that I hand them all over to You, as I fear You and seek Your wisdom I can truly find peace and hope as I endure my struggles and become prosperous through them. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On Facebook: I'm Following JesusSubscribe To This Devotional: SubscribeUnsubscribe From This Devotional: Unsubscribe

No comments: