07/01 Salvation is Wonderful

Date: Sunday July 01, 2012
Today's ChaptersPsalms 112 - 118
Message Title: Salvation is Wonderful
Hello My Friend,

Salvation is a wonderful thing, it actually means that act of saving, preservation from destruction. Thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ we can be preserved from destruction. I use to think, probably everyone thinks this at one point in their lives, I need to do everything I can to enjoy my life now because when I die, it's all over, it think it is called a bucket list. Well, the truth is, it's not over, those who are saved get to see Jesus when they die, along with God's Kingdom, filled with mansions, streets of gold, crystal rivers. No one gets tired, sick, or hungry, food is available whenever you want it, true paradise. Sadly, there are millions of people that were not preserved from destruction and life as they know it now is literally in hell. “
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” - Revelation 21:4,7,8.

Salvation is simple, it's believing in and accepting the Gospel, which is the death, the burial, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, which preserves us from destruction. Sadly, there are a lot of people who are saved that still live their lives with a bucket list mentality, because they do not have a personal relationship with Christ. Those that do have a personal relationship with Christ do not fear death because they know where they are going, and if we truly trust in the Lord for all things we will be blessed here on earth as well. 
Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD. The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.” - Psalm 112:1-4,7,10.

Whether a person is saved or not, if they are living in sin they grieve at the life we live with Christ, they literally become jealous or bitter at our success. They love to see us going through difficulties so they can say, “Where is your God now?”, but we will always have the victory. “
Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD. Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD'S name is to be praised. The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens. Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high, Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!” - Psalm 113:1-6.

God may have chosen Israel to be the people to represent Him as His people, but that does not mean that salvation is only for Israel, salvation is for all who believe. “
O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron. He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great. The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children. The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence. But we will bless the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the LORD.” - Psalm 115:9-14,17,18.

The dead are those who are not saved, they are dead because they do not have the Spirit of God in them. Every person born is born with a soul and body, but no Spirit of God, it is dead until they are born again, which means to be born with the Spirit. How sad is it for those who are saved to live as though they do not have the Spirit of God in them. “
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.” - John 3:5-720,21.

Salvation means more to the one who lives their life with Christ than just being preserved from destruction, it means being preserved from the live they lived before they got saved. Many people do not come to know Christ until they have been through something life threatening, we truly do not understand what it means to be saved until we are faced with death or the death of someone else. I know a lot of people who are saved and had the chance to have Christ with them from birth that still question their salvation because they haven't experienced that need for Christ like that. “
I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful. The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me. What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.” - Psalm 116:1-6,12,13.

Last week I taught my Sunday school class that the word render also means surrender, when we surrender to God's will we tell God that we are giving up the fight of trying to get to heaven on our own. We cannot anyway, so, we might as well just give up and let Jesus take care of it because it only benefits us. It is only when we surrender to Jesus and call upon Him to save us that we can take the cup of salvation, the gift of being preserved from destruction. “
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” - Romans 10:12,13.

Salvation is available to all, they key, believing,. God tells us time and time again, all who trust in the LORD will be saved. 
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.” - Psalm 118:1-6,13,14,17.

By one man, Adam, sin brought destruction to all mankind, by one man, Jesus Christ, death brought the end of destruction to all who believe. Ignorance, denial, works, nor fear will save us, only by believing in, accepting that Jesus is the only one who can save us, and calling on Him to save us can we have salvation, have preservation from destruction. “
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.” - Romans 5:8,9,12,18,21.
Today's Prayer: God, I will never forget the say I chose to let Christ come into my life, I never want to forget that day because I never want to be in that situation again. There are many today that cannot honestly say they are forgiven children of the living God, I ask You to open the hearts of those struggling who are not saved and those who have backslidden away from You. Show them Your peace, grace, and mercy, and keep my heart tender to never forget what You have done for me and have yet to do until You come for me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On FacebookI'm Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe

No comments: