7/05 Copy And Paste


Date: Thursday July 05, 2012
Today's ChaptersPsalms 141-150
Message Title: Copy And Paste
Hello My Friend,

My favorite tool in the world of word processing is copy and paste, if not for copy and paste I would have to type every bit of the Scripture I use in these devotions. It's not that I mind typing it all, but I can get done faster with copy and paste, besides, it keeps me from misspelling the words and or misquoting a verse. When you think about it, life is a lot like copy and paste, our character may be unique, but we really are a collection of people that we have copied. Imagine how blessed we will be if we copy and paste from Jesus Christ? Let me tell you, we would get things done a lot faster and it will be more accurate. “
Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.” - John 13:13-15.

You cannot receive Christ and instantly become a copy of Him, we must work at it, and it will take a lifetime, but little by little, as we copy and paste a little bit of Him on us, we become more like Him. Part of the work is taking things away that are not so good for us and replacing it with things that are good. 
LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee. Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties. Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities. But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.” - Psalm 141:1-5,8.

A destitute soul is one that feels all alone, needy, and deprived of the provisions it needs, a soul that has not Christ is dead, but one that has Christ is alive for eternity. At times, we all have a destitute soul even though we are saved, life hits us hard sometimes, but all we have to do to revive our soul is cry out to Jesus. “
I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me. I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.” - Psalm 142.

I know that is easier said than done, but as we copy and paste a little bit of the faith that Jesus has upon our souls we will find, peace, comfort, and we will be set free of the prison the circumstance holds us in. Let me tell you, I spent ten years in a prison of lies and deception to no end, if it were not for my giving it all over to Jesus I do not even want to think of where I would be right now. When life has imprisoned your soul, it's time to hand it all over to Jesus. “
Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate. I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands. I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah. Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.” - Psalm 143:4-8.
I imagine about 90% of the time we get caught up in things because we hang around people who are not saved and or we desire things that they have. Sometimes I look at people and think, “I am doing everything right, why can't I have that?” The truth is, God has something much better for us than what they have, besides eternal life through Jesus we have a great God on our side that will give us more than we desire if we just have faith in and wait for Him. As we copy and paste a little bit of the patience Jesus has upon us, we will receive all our desires and even more. The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.” - Psalm 145:14-19.

What an amazing God we have, it doesn't matter who we are, how many times we fall, or even how many times we get impatient and do things on our own, He is always with us. God knows what we are going through, He dwells in us, He certainly knows how we feel and what we really want to do. Thank God that He never gives up on us as easy as we give up on ourselves or Him. If we get into trouble, we are going to face some trials, but when we are ready to confess it all to Him, He will be right there to help us bare the infirmities. Jesus already did when He died on the cross for us, and will save any soul who believes in Him. “
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” - Romans 10:9,10.

While no one can copy and paste the sacrifice that Jesus made for us, we can copy and paste His life in us by being a living sacrifice. As we copy and paste a little bit of Jesus in us, day by day, we are transformed into His image and likeness, God loves it when He sees Jesus through us, not only by the blood that was applied, but by our actions as well. 
For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.” -Psalm 149:4-9.

The two edged sword that we carry around that executes judgment, through Holy Spirit conviction is the Word of God. Jesus said, “
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” - John 14:12-14. There is nothing that Jesus will not give to those who copy and paste Him into their lives. Everything that Jesus did here on earth, we can do as we day by day, copy and paste a little bit of Jesus on us. “Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” - Hebrews 4:11,12.
Today's Prayer: God, It is truly amazing how much my life has changed since I chose to hand over all my troubles to Jesus. You literally picked me up and brought me out of the prison I was in, I know I mess up, but I know how far I have come and I thank You for that. Lord, give me Your power to love, trust, and follow You with my whole heart, mind, and soul, let me not become destitute, but stronger in my faith. Keep me always looking to Jesus, copying and pasting a little bit of Him in me each day. In Jesus' name. Amen 
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On FacebookI'm Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe
©2012 I'm Following Jesus 

No comments: