10/19 Fallen But Not Forgotten


Date: Friday October 19, 2012
Today’s ChaptersMark 14-16
Message Title: Fallen But Not Forgotten
Hello My Friend,
Imagine this, you are in a room full of Christians, Jesus walks in the room and says, “One of you shall betray me.” What do you think the reaction will be? Will you be one that asks, “Is it I?”? That’s exactly what happened when Jesus sat with His disciples for one last meal before He got captured.
And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover. And in the evening he cometh with the twelve. And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish. The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.” – Mark 14:46-21.
See the reaction of His disciples, those who followed Him for three and a half years, all of them asked the question, “Is it I?”, including the one who betrayed Him. No matter how strong our faith in Christ is we are all capable of betrayal, yet, Christ knows who are His. His seal is upon us and we stand sure upon the foundation of God through our faith in Christ from the second we ask Him to save us. “Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.” -Luke 10:20.
When Jesus got captured all the disciples did scatter, just as He said, “And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely. And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, master; and kissed him. And they laid their hands on him, and took him. And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me? I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled. And they all forsook him, and fled.” – Mark 14:44-50.
The disciples were scared, they feared that they too would be captured so they fled. Jesus was crucified, died, then buried, but just as Jesus promised that He would arise and meet them in Galilee He did. “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.” – Mark 16:1,5-7.
Jesus knows we are going to have falls, but He is always there to pick us up, there may be times when we will have to wait out the suffering as Jesus suffered, but it is through the suffering when we grow stronger in our faith and come to the understanding that we are really sinners saved by the grace of God. “And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;” – Colossians 2:13-14.
After Jesus arose He found the disciples and fussed at them for their unbelief. “Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”- Mark 16:14-16.
To clarify what Jesus said, “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved ”, this does not mean that you have to accept Christ and be baptized to be saved, it means you must believe to be saved, being baptized is a public profession declaring that you are trusting only in the Savior to take you to heaven. He continues to say, “but he that believeth not shall be damned.” It does not say, “he that believeth not and is not baptized will be damned, only he that believeth not shall be damned, or cast into hell.
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” -Romans 6:4,5,9-11.
Jesus died for us once, that means we need to only ask Him once, we are no longer dead, we are a live, a living sacrifice, holy, and acceptable to God. “Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.” – 1 Peter 2:5. Praise God!
Today’s PrayerGod, I know I am not perfect, I know I will mess up no matter how much I try not to, I know that I am going to fail You from time to time, still, You love me and care for me no matter how many times I fall. Thank You, for always being there for me and picking up the pieces for me. Lord, watch over me, guide me, and be with me in all that I do, help me to stand firm on Your foundation, keep me from falling too far, and never let me forget that I am a child of the living God, saved by the precious blood of Your Son who died for me. I Love You, Lord and pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? VisitGod’s Price
Like Us On FacebookI’m Following Jesus
Subscribe To This DevotionSubscribe
Unsubscribe From The DevotionUnsubscribe
©2012 I’m Following Jesus

No comments: