10-24-14 Pop Fizz


“What are you doing?” my pastor asked his secretary, with astonishment in his voice, when he saw her shaking up her two liter bottle of Mountain Dew.

“This keeps the remaining pop from going flat.” She matter of factually replied.

“Shaking it makes it go flat faster.  You are shaking the fizz out of it.  I should know I have a degree in fizziology.”  She stood by her opinion despite my pastor’s impressive credentials.

I have my opinion on the matter, too. But I won’t tell you that I agreed with my pastor on this matter of supreme insignificance. I hold to the theory that one gently squeezes as much air out of the bottle, screws the lid on tightly and returns it to the fridge. This keeps the fizz in the pop.  I like to think that I am right on this matter.

I have opinions on things that don’t really matter much, really.  However, if my opinion disagrees with God, then I have a problem. Then I have to rethink the situation, and change my opinion to agree with God.  Doing right in my own eyes doesn’t work here.

“The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.” Proverbs 12:15.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff



No comments: