12-29-14 I Disagree


“I disagree.” Stated a young man, as if that settled the debate. 

“That doesn’t make your opinion right, you know.”

“I disagree.” He announced again, sitting confidently back in his chair and lacing his fingers together behind his head. 

An urge the grab him by the ears and say, “Is anybody in there?” coursed through my consciousness.  He had grabbed on to this concept with the tenacity inspired by ignorance.   He used “I disagree” as his closing argument. He allowed no more discussion because he considered it a win.

Disagreeing with my opinion is nothing more than a disagreement.  Disagreeing with the Bible is a different story.  “Thus saith the Lord” is that statement that ends a discussion.  415 times the King James Bible uses the phrase “Thus saith the Lord,” the first of which is noted below. Therefore, God is driving the point home that if He says it, that settles it, whether I disagree or not.

“And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:” Exodus 4:22.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: