6-18-15 Wasting Away While Wasting Away



Don’t ya just love those “life hack” things that circulate on the internet? You know, those tips you should have known, but didn’t. For example, I never thought of using those little plastic bread bag clasps as labels for organizing wires.  Duh. So simple, why didn’t I think of that?

But once in a while I have had a great idea. Like putting a tarp on the bottom of the pickup bed for autumn leaves. Put the leaves on top of the tarp and to unload just pull the tarp and the leaves come out in one swoosh. Ok, ok, I saw someone else do it. It really wasn’t my original life hack.

I was raking and sweeping the leaves out of my pickup, when a guy pulls up next to me at the dump site, drops the tailgate, yanks on the tarp – dropping the leaves, throws the tarp inside the truck, closes the tailgate and he’s done.  I said to myself, “Why didn’t I ever think of that?”

Now days, I enjoy pulling up beside someone else at a dump site and dropping off my leaves in under a minute, while the guy next to me is trying to clean out his truck with a broom. I try not to smirk too obviously when I drive off knowing that that guy is thinking, “What a hack!”

I can imagine the prodigal son, yearning to eat the pig’s food, and realizing that he has been really stupid.  The servants in his father’s house have it better that slopping pigs and wearing tattered smelly clothing. He had never seen that before. They had clean clothes, nice living quarters, good meals every day and here he was wasting away while wasting away his life.

“And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!” Luke 15:17

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/…/wasting-away-while-wa…

No comments: