1-9-16 Right in the Eye


I’m not allowed in the kitchen very often. But today I was unsupervised so I made pancakes. I used a mix from a box and stirred it vigorously with water. I noticed that when I took the whisk (the wire mixer thingie) that the batter splattered. It got on my shirt, on the counter, on the wall, on the box of mix, droplets on my mustache and one gob even got in my eye. It didn’t really hurt, but it created blurred vision and sticky eyelids.

I don’t understand how droplets from fluids when stirred up will somehow get in my eye. I have opened containers and “splat” right in the eye. I have put shampoo in my hand and somehow some ends up in my eye or eyes, which is remarkably uncomfortable. Shaving cream burns, too. I know you are thinking that all I have to do is wear eye protection – in the shower?

I have ruined perfectly good shirts by using cleaners with bleach in them. The splatters make permanent spots. Of course, using wood stain leaves some pretty decent spots, too. But, I just can’t bring myself to wear a feminine apron.

The point of this verse is really to put self aside and give of yourself to others. Plus, keeping oneself unspotted by sin. Unrighteousness is a lot like fluids, when one gets too close one can get splattered and there is no protection other than to just stay away from it.

I may have to pick up a painter’s suit and face shield to work in the kitchen. Better yet, if I just stay away from such places…

“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.” James 1:27.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/…/…/09/right-in-the-eye/

No comments: