3-3-16 Butting Heads


Every year young rams challenge the older rams. They rear back and slam their heads together. The impact causes a loud bang and probably a headache. The young male does this because he wants something the older one has – his harem. He is motivated by lust.

Why do we hear of robberies, shootings, and other crimes every day? Because one man wants something another man has. He is motivated by lust (coveting). Why are there scammers trying to cheat us out of our money? Because someone wants what we have. Why do we have laws? To discourage the bad guys from harming others and punish those that do.

Why does one country go to war against another? Because one country wants something another one has. The country is motivated by lust.

There is no race of people immune from this. We can look around and see wars and fightings on large scales and small, in families and countries.

I know I will protect my stuff and my family from marauders, if I can. I also know I can find myself getting jealous of others. That is the time to repent before the lust has grown into something that brings me to doing stupid things.

I know I cannot stop someone else from acting out of lust. I know wars and fightings will occur despite doing what is right. This world is filled with sin and sinful people struggling against each other. Thus, I must do right and trust God.

“From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?” James 4:1.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/03/03/butting-heads/

No comments: