3/29 Fundamental Thoughts

Mary Saw Him
Reading our scripture from John 20:15-18 quoted below, we can almost hear the surprise in Mary’s voice. It would be nice to be able to hear her say “Rabboni” I can only imagine a high shrill voice, one of super surprise, and one of super excitement in actually seeing her Master alive, knowing He is Risen.

When a loved one has departed this life we would expect, in this life time, never to be able to hug them, nor hold their hand nor speak to them again. There are times I would like to just tell my Dad I love him. I cannot tell you I ever told him that or that he ever told me he loved me. In my heart I know, but I would really like to know that I did tell him that I loved him. Here Mary is standing before a Risen Christ Jesus, and she is not allowed to touch Him. Don’t you know she wanted to hug Him, tell Him how sorry she was about all that had happened? Yet she couldn’t. It wasn’t possible. You see we cannot see Jesus, nor can we physically touch Him, yet, we know He loves us, and if you have accepted Him with a sincere, desiring heart, you love Him. However, we know He ascended to Heaven to be with His Father, and our Father, and to His God and our God. I have gotten past even remembering who my physical Father was over the sixty plus years. I do remember his history, his name, yet, that is all I know. I don’t know why God took him away from my Mother, my Sister and I, but He did. My God, through His Word, has taught me that what has happened in my life was for a reason. So back to Mary, she returns to the Apostles and relays her story to them. They all consider it “women’s tales” except Peter and John. They check out Mary’s story and find an empty tomb. As Paul Harvey would always say, “Now Here Is The Rest of The Story.” As we read on, we find that Jesus is Risen, He was resurrected from the dead.

(Romans 10:9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Here we are at Easter, celebrating our Risen Christ. “…why weepest thou?” We are here to celebrate the Life God has given us through His Risen Son, our Lord Jesus. If you have never accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, do it today, so you can know Him and know you haven’t let opportunity pass you by.

Bro. John R. E Chastain

John 20:15-18 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. (16) Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. (17) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (18) Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

No comments: