5/5 Stuck In A Rut


King James Daily Bible Study Devotional
Message Title: Stuck In A Rut
Date: Saturday May 05, 2012Today's Chapters: 1 Chronicles 20-22

Hello My Friend,

Ever wonder why you seem to be stuck in a rut, it's as if no matter how much you climb you keep sliding back down to the bottom. The culprit, Satan, o
f all the people Satan messes with most it is God's faithful people. There is not one of God's children that Satan does not put in a rut from time to time. His purpose, too get us so frustrated that we forsake God and fall into sin trying to get out of the rut. If he put Jesus in a rut he will put you in a rut, the key to getting out of it is staying faithful to God, trusting Him, and reminding Satan that you are not giving up on God. “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” - 1 Peter 5:6-9.
David was probably one of the most godliest kings of all nations, even today, but as strong as his faith in God David was just as human as the rest of us, we are all born with a sin nature. Sooner or later Satan will get the best of us and this time he got to David. “And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it. And Joab answered, The LORD make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel? Nevertheless the king's word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed, and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem.” - 1 Chronicles 21:1-4.

Even with Joab's warning David still numbered the people, this was a sin based on Mose's Law which did stated that every person counted was to be compensated for, which David did not do (See Exodus 30). Often God will allow Satan to tempt us, the temptation is not a sin, acting up the temptation is sin. I have seen so many people, including myself, ignore the warnings of temptation, and fall right into sin, but once that thought turns to action the consequences are our own, we cannot escape the chastisement, non matter how light the sin seemed to be. However, God will use every chastening to teach us something, well most of us anyway. “
For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.” - Hebrews 12:10,11.
After the sin was committed the quilt of it set in, David immediately knew he sinned, but the damage was done, what was worse, he had to choose which form of punishment that Israel would have to endure for his sin. “And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly. And the LORD spake unto Gad, David's seer, saying, Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.” - 1 Chronicles 21:7-10.

The amazing thing about God is His mercy, as God was about to bring judgment upon Israel for David's sin, David begged God not to take it out on them, but him instead, admitting he was the sinner, not them. “
And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces. And David said unto God, Is it not I that commanded the people to be numbered? even I it is that havesinned and done evil indeed; but as for these sheep, what have they done? let thine hand, I pray thee, O LORD my God, be on me, and on my father's house; but not on thy people, that they should be plagued. Then the angel of the LORD commanded Gad to say to David, that David should go up, and set up an altar unto the LORD in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.” - 1 Chronicles 21:16-18.

While seventy thousand people did die as a result of a plague, the rest of Israel was saved because David asked God for his forgiveness and God Himself withdrew His judgment. The command for David to build an altar was a blessed token of reconciliation with God. God testified His acceptance of David's offerings on this altar. This is an example of Christ offering Himself to God for us in order for us to be reconciled with Him for our sins. “
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled” - Colossians 1:19-21.

Now, after
the terrible judgment inflicted on Israel for the sin of David, God pointed out the place where he would have the temple built, upon which, David was excited to make preparations for the great work. He gathered people and supplies that would be needed to build the temple, which Solomon would be well known for instituting.
Then David said, This is the house of the LORD God, and this is the altar of the burnt offering for Israel. And David commanded to gather together the strangers that were in the land of Israel; and he set masons to hew wrought stones to build the house of God. And David said, Solomon my son is young and tender, and the house that is to be builded for the LORD must be exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries: I will therefore now make preparation for it. So David prepared abundantly before his death. Now, my son, the LORD be with thee; and prosper thou, and build the house of the LORD thy God, as he hath said of thee. Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God. Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgments which the LORD charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.” - 1 Chronicles 22:1,2,5,11-13.

Every rut that Satan gets us into God will get us out of and while we may have to suffer some chastening or affliction while in it, we will find rest. To get out of a rut, we must be strong and of good courage, dread not or be dismayed by the situation, but trust God to help us climb out of it. God truly does love us and He does not want to see us suffer, but it is usually what is needed to help us get out of that rut. We tend to remain in there longer when we try to get out of it ourselves. Remember, our only power to defeat Satan is God's power, as long as we have the will to keep going, God will get us out of the rut. “
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” - Ephesians 6:11-13.
Today's Psalm: 119:31 - “I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.
Today's Proverb: 3:11 - “My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
Today's Prayer: God, I have felt like I have been stuck in a rut for years, no matter which way I climb to reach the top I keep sliding back down. I know you have a plan for me and that while I am in this rut You are working and preparing me for a great victory over Satan. I admit that I have created some obstacles from time to time that made me fall, and I thank You for your mercy and forgiveness to put all that behind me. I am ready to trust only You to help me out of this rut, lead me and guide me, show me which way to climb, help me to not let go of the rope, and to not stop climbing until I have reached the top. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Enjoy the rest of your day/night. God Bless You, I am praying for you,
Christina
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's Price
Missed A Devotional? Visit: King James Bible Study
Subscribe To This Devotional: King James Bible StudyVisit The Official Site Of: I'm Following Jesus
Like Us On Facebook: I'm Following Jesus

No comments: