06/21 Vengeance Is Mine

Date: Thursday June 21, 2012
Today's ChaptersPsalms 56-61Message Title: Vengeance Is Mine
Hello My Friend,

As much as we would like to think that there is good in everyone there are just some people who are intent to destroy lives on a permanent basis. Now, some really have no idea that they are destroying lives, they are just ignorant to the feelings and consideration of others as life is all about them. However, many do know what they are doing and let me tell you God has taught me very well how to hold my tongue and actions, but once in a while my quiet demeanor gets the best of me. I imagine we all have or had someone in our lives that brings out the rage in us, but we do not have to stoop to their level, God knows what we are going through, just do what we normally do and God will take care of them for us. “
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.” - Romans 12:17-20.

David, as he was being chased by the Philistines, complains to God of his enemies, but professes his confidence in God's Word to give him hope. 
In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” - Psalm 56:4,9-13.

In the midst of our troubles it is comforting to have God's Word and give praise to Him through them, if you are saved you will find hope through the Scriptures, they are life to the soul, awaken the dead spirit, and renew our faith and trust in God. “
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” - Romans 15:4,13.
David knew all too well that the only person he could really trust was God, every time he turned around someone he trusted tried to destroy him, even kill him. A bit sorrowful and distraught he prays for God stop the wicked offenders. The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies. Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear; Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely. Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath. The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked. So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.” - Psalm 58:3-5,9-11.

While we all have a little bit of wicked in us, those who are truly wicked will see judgment like no other, Jesus will be on His throne and all of them will know His wrath. “
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” - John 5:22,28-30.

David, once again, complains of those who are set to destroy him, but finds safety in his God. 
For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD. They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help me, and behold. Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.” - Psalm 59:3-5,17.
To try to understand the intent of someone who finds joy in trying to destroy another is beyond me. I will never understand their corrupt mind and don't want to, but what I can understand is that God is with me and He will give me the strength to sing and let Him take care of it. As long as we keep singing praises to God He will be our strength to endure the difficult people that come and go in our lives. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for youWho by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” - 1 Peter 1:3,4,21-23.

I imagine that once in a while David wanted to give up fighting, but the one thing that kept him from giving up was knowing that he had a bigger God that his problems. 
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.” - Psalm 61:1-4.

The rock that is higher than our problems is Jesus Christ and He is our shelter, our strong tower for our enemies. Those whom have received Him and accepted Him as their Savior will forever abide in Him. We can trust Him to see us through because He overcame more pain than we ever will endure. “
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” - John 15:3-7.
Today's Prayer: God, It seems like every time I turn around someone is trying to test my faith, to persecute me, or subject me to their wicked devices. Lord, give me Your power to endure the difficulties, give me Your strength to stand and not fall into temptation, and give me Your mercy and grace to keep from any wickedness in myself. Lead me and guide me, keep me in Your Word and looking for the hope I need to endure all my difficulties. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On FacebookI'm Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe

No comments: