6/22 Seek Christ's Righteousness


Date: Friday June 22, 2012
Today's ChaptersPsalms 62-68
Message Title: Seek Christ's Righteousness
Hello My Friend,

One thing that all Christians can count on is God's awesome mercy and grace, He not only saves all who put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ to save them, He also sustains them and cleanses them from all unrighteousness. Praise God! No matter how many times we get ourselves in trouble God is always there to help bail us out of it, it pleases Him to see His children repent and humbly seek His help. The word please means to delight in, to be full of joy. So, when God is pleased, He is full of joy over His children coming to Him and asking Him for help, even if they brought it upon themselves. What pleases Him most is not getting in trouble in the first place. “
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.” - 1 John 2:1-3.
Think about just how much God has gotten you through over the years or perhaps recently, all who come to Him, even when they have sinned over and over again, are forgiven. Trust in His salvation, He is your refuge. David knew this and once he realized that he started reminding himself of just how much God had been there for him and still was. “Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.” - Psalm 62:1,2,5-8.

A defense is any thing that opposes attack, violence, danger or injury upon a person, the Lord Jesus Christ is the defense of every saved soul, He is their refuge, their rock, and their salvation, upon which nothing can pluck them out of His hands. “
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave themme, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.” - John 10:28-30.
The soul is the center of every being, it is always longing for something to keep it satisfied. Ever just feel blah when you have no health problems? It is because something deep down in the soul is not right. And when the soul is not right, if effects the body and spirit as well. You mope around, daydream, sleep a lot, there seems to be no joy inside of you. Now, if you have not accepted Jesus as your Savior you do not have the Spirit of God in you, therefore, nothing gives life to that soul. However, those that do have the Spirit of God in them long for life through Him, they thirst for the life that He once brought them. David not only wanted God's Spirit upon his soul, but his flesh also. “O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:” - Psalm 63:1-5.

Have you ever been so thirsty that you drank the first thing you saw and it was something instead of pure water? Most likely it left you still thirsty, sometimes I drink iced tea or soda when there is no water to be found and every time I do I immediately look for some water. There is something about pure water that hydrates and gives life to the body like nothing else. Like the body, the soul gets thirsty as well, you can try to give is other things to drink, but it does not satisfy the thirst. Jesus is living water, the only One that quenches thirst of the soul and gives life to the flesh. “
Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.” - John 4:13,14.

An amazing thing happens when we fully surrender to God and let His Spirit live through us, it cleanses all the dirt and grime that sin has caked on us, it gives us hope, and it fills us with righteousness that comes from Christ alone. David praises God for purging away the sin in his life to fill it with righteousness. “
Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed. O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come. Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away. Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple. By terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea:” - Psalm 65:1-5.
An amazing transformation happens as we seek Christ's righteousness, people and things that were once essential in our lives disappear and are replaced by people or things that please God. Do not be offended or surprised to see a dear friend turn on you, many will flee as you seek Christ's righteousness, but keep on living for God and do not worry about them because He will help you get through the mocking and persecution you are going to face. God abundantly blesses those who trust in His salvation, but keep in mind, anyone who has received Christ in vain will suffer. “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death. But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.” - Psalm 68:19-21.

To look at a person and know that they are saved is beyond human comprehension, no one knows who sincerely receives Christ as their Savior except for Christ. We are all sinners saved by the grace of God and we are just as capable of falling into sin as those who do not surrender their lives over to God. While we cannot do anything about the will of other people we can do something about our will and when we truly surrender to God others will truly see Christ in us and we will feel better about ourselves as well. “
See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:15-23.
Today's Prayer: God, I want to live in Your will, I want to surrender my life to You completely and let You guide me in all that I do. There are always people and things trying to take me out of Your will and I know I fall sometimes, but I also know that Your grace will sustain me and get me back on track. Please do not let me take my salvation for granted nor walk in vain of what Christ did for me. Help me to walk in Your Spirit, quench my thirst and give me the living water I need to satisfy my soul and keep my flesh from feeding off of the lusts of it. In Jesus' name. Amen. 
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On FacebookI'm Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe

No comments: