6/02 Vain Words


King James Daily Bible Study Devotional
Message Title: Vain Words
Date: Saturday June 02, 2012Today's Chapters: Job 5-8

Hello My Friend,
When you call on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you, all the sins you ever committed have been erased from existence in the eyes of God. Nothing or no one can ever take away your salvation, now, you may face some persecution or chastening from God if you have presently sinned, but you still do not lose your salvation. Why? We are not trusting in our righteousness to save us, we are trusting in the finished work of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. Now, Satan despises the saved that let Christ be Lord of their lives and will do anything to get us to doubt our salvation and stop serving God, he will even use family and friends if he has to. That is why it is important that all Christians be not deceived by vain words.

For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.” - Ephesians 5:5-10.

In God's eyes, Job was a perfect man, that did not mean that he never sinned, it meant that God was Lord of His life and he did everything he could to avoid sin. So, I imagine when his life was turned upside down in a matter of days that created quite a discussion when people found out. Job had a rich, prosperous life, in a matter of minutes he lost everything, I imagine he was feeling quite distraught and longed for some comfort and an encouraging word or two. However, all he got was a wife telling him to curse God and die, so, when four of his friends showed up he thought they would be the ones to help. For a week they just sat there in silence, that was probably the best thing they did for him because once they opened their mouths the persecution began. Eliphaz was the first to respond, telling Job that he was being chastised by God for hidden sin.

Call now, if there be any that will answer thee; and to which of the saints wilt thou turn? For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one. I have seen the foolish taking root: but suddenly I cursed his habitation. Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole. He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword.” - Job 5:1-3,17-20.

Eliphaz went as far as saying just come clean and God will forgive you for it. He was right in that God redeems all who repent, but he was wrong in assuming that Job was suffering because he had hidden sin in his life. That's why Jesus tells us, “
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.” - John 7:24. We sometimes find ourselves making rash statements in the midst of unexpected trials, However, we have no right to judge a person that is struggling or else we will be facing judgment ourselves. We must not make the mistake of assuming a person has been living in sin based on what we see on the outside. The only one who truly knows what is going on is God. “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.” - Matthew 7:1,2.

Job did not know what to say, he was spiritually drained and thought God had left him to deal with all this on his own, but he never once cursed God. He was literally ready for God to just take him to heaven. “
For the arrows of the Almighty are within me, the poison whereof drinketh up my spirit: the terrors of God do set themselves in array against me. Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for! Even that it would please God to destroy me; that he would let loose his hand, and cut me off! Then should I yet have comfort; yea, I would harden myself in sorrow: let him not spare; for I have not concealed the words of the Holy One.” - Job 6:4,8-10.

When a saved person understands the reason for suffering, the heaviest load will not crush them, but when tragedy occurs with no sign of God's presence, we are all prone to become discouraged and even want to give up on life. Can I tell you that God never allows Satan to give us more than we can handle? If Job really couldn't have handled all that he was stricken with God would have taken him home to heaven when he asked Him to. Everything happens upon God's timetable, His presence is always with us, He just takes a step back at times. “
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” - Romans 8:27,28.

Then Job came to his senses, his thoughts were lifted up to God with some faith and hope as he begins to respond reasonably with his friends vain words and the horrible thoughts he was having about ending his life.
Am I a sea, or a whale, that thou settest a watch over me? When I say, My bed shall comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaint; Then thou scarest me with dreams, and terrifiest me through visions: So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life. I loathe it; I would not live alway: let me alone; for my days are vanity. I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself? And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.” - Job 7:12-16,22,21.
Job maintained his innocence to his friends, that he was not a hypocrite, not a wicked man, yet admits that he has sinned in the past, but knows that if his sins were not pardoned he is lost forever, even death would not save him. A person who lives their life for Christ might choose death over sin, but they should be content to live as long as God chooses, because our present life is our opportunity of glorifying Him, while He prepares heaven for us. “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.” - 1 John 3:2,3.
There are going to be people in our lives that strive on seeing us suffering, they will criticize us and make us feel as though we are doubting ourselves and that God is not with us. Never let anyone bring you so down on yourself that you feel that ending your life is the best option. Everything will come to past and you will be stronger and wiser as the Lord Jesus Christ lifts you up and shines His light through your darkness. “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” - 2 Corinthians 4:6,16-18.
Today's Prayer: God, It seems like everywhere I go I have people trying to get me to compromise my beliefs or get me to feel bad about myself as I try to live my life for You. I know You have a plan for me, every day I wake up in the world You have a plan for me, let me not waste it listening to vain words told by others or even myself. Let me move forward with hope knowing that You have something much better planned for me than I can ever imagine myself doing. Give me Your power to overcome the constant attacks on my faith, beliefs, and integrity. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On Facebook: I'm Following JesusSubscribe To This Devotional: SubscribeUnsubscribe From This Devotional: Unsubscribe

No comments: