6/1 Walking in Integrity


King James Daily Bible Study Devotional
Message Title: Walking in Integrity
Date: Friday June 01, 2012Today's Chapters: Job 1-4

Hello My Friend,

The word integrity means,
the entire, unimpaired state of any thing, particularly of the mind, it's being moral, pure, incorruptible, upright, and honest, integrity comprehends the whole moral character of a person. Even before many of us knew Christ as our Savior we walked in integrity, but once He became part of our lives it became more eminent as we learn His ways. All Christians should be able to say, Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth. I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.” - Psalms 26:1-3,6,7.
Sandwiched in the center of the Old Testament Books are known as Books of Poetry. Theses books are of human experiences of the people of God under various circumstances of their earthly lives. They first begin with the Book of Job, the Book of Job is the eighteenth book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains forty-two chapters. It is one of the oldest of the Bible books, the timeline is around the time of the Abrahamic Covenant. The author of the book is unknown, but could have been Moses or Job and it was written approximately around 1520 BC. The book was written to all people who experience suffering for unexplained reasons. The purpose of the book is to explain the question many people have, "Why do those living for God suffer?". What we are to learn from the book is that there is a spiritual reason behind all the unanswered suffering we encounter. “But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” - Job 23:10.

As Christians we expect to face affliction when we sin, however, it is a different story when we face affliction and have not been doing anything wrong. The truth is, we will all face affliction at some point in our lives regardless of how good we try to be. Why? We are in the middle of a spiritual battle between God and Satan, who will win the battle remains up to us in how we choose to handle those afflictions. One day, while God was admitting people into the Kingdom, Satan shows up. Why God allows Satan to stand at the gates of heaven is always a question, but nevertheless he was there and talking with God about Job. The interesting thing was that God was the one who brought up His name.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.” - Job 1:7-11.

That old devil assumed that the only reason Job was faithful to God was because he was successful and rich, he was certain that Job would curse God and walk away from Him if he lost everything he had. God allowed Satan to afflict Job, and he was not subtle about it either, within a matter of minutes he took away Job's kids, servants, and livestock. “
Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.” - Job 1:20-22.

Stunned by this, Satan showed up before God again, this time questioning Job's integrity. “
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause. And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.” - Job 2:3-6.
God told Satan, you can make him sick, but don't kill him, and that is exactly what Satan did. It was so bad that even Job's wife told him to just curse God and die, but Job never lost his integrity. “So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes. Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die. But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.” -Job 2:7-10.

Job wasn't always optimistic, he had questions as to why he was even born, but he knew that everything from God is a blessing.
You know, when we are facing affliction, whether we are sick or losing things we are often prone to retrace our steps to see what we have done wrong thinking that God is punishing us. The truth is, God is not punishing us, He is merely looking for us to trust Him. God knows what is best for us and when we trust His decision He blesses us, it may not be the blessings that we expect, but everything is a blessing from God. Even when a person passes away, it is all in God's hands, God takes away our pain according to His will and how much He knows we can handle. “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” - 1 Peter 5:6-9.
Today's Prayer: God, I admit that the first thing I think of when I am being afflicted is, “What have I done and how can I fix it?” It is those thoughts that hinder me from seeing the blessings in my life through my affliction. You already know what I am going through, I just need to trust You and let You take care of it as I do what I can in my ability. Lord, help me to walk in integrity and keep looking to You for help through my affliction instead of trying to fix the problem myself without Your guidance. I love You and pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
Subscribe To This Devotional: SubscribeUnsubscribe From This Devotional: UnsubscribeAre You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's Price
Like Us On Facebook: I'm Following Jesus

No comments: