6/10 When You Can't Find The Floor


Date: Sunday June 10, 2012
Today's Chapters: Job 38-40Message Title: When You Can't Find The Floor

Hello My Friend,

As Christians grow they build a foundation upon Christ that cannot be moved, after all, Christ is the Rock upon which they stand and no one or thing can knock them off Him. As we build our lives upon the Rock we become stronger, wiser, and more effective in everything we do, even handling the circumstances that come our way. At times, even the strongest Christian can forget that they are standing upon the Rock when some of those circumstances seem to never go away. Never fear, Christ is near, even when you can't find the floor.
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.” - 2 Timothy 2:19-21.

As Job sat there while one friend after another condemned him, his only question was, “Where is God and why doesn't He answer me?” Little did he realize that God was listening, and He was listening to all of them. As Elihu was speaking a storm was brewing, out of the storm came a whirlwind, which was no ordinary whirlwind, it was God and He began to speak out of it. “
Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge. Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?” - Job 38:2-7.
To gird up thy loins means to get ready for battle, God wants Job to be ready for battle and wants a direct answer to His questions. God knew that there was no way that Job could answer these questions, but He asked them to prove one point, “There are many things that I do that you do not know and will never know, but I am God.” We cannot possibly know every reason why God places certain circumstances in our lives, we just have to realize that it is God and He will reveal what He wants to us. He does not want us to walk around in pity, He wants us find peace upon the Rock we stand on. “Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 4:5-7.

God continues to ask Job questions to which he could not answer,
Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee? Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him? Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn? Gavest thou the goodly wings unto the peacocks? or wings and feathers unto the ostrich? Which leaveth her eggs in the earth, and warmeth them in dust, And forgetteth that the foot may crush them, or that the wild beast may break them. She is hardened against her young ones, as though they were not hers: her labour is in vain without fear;” - Job 39:9-16.

God shows Job what little acquaintance he had with the untamed creatures that run wild in the deserts and live at large. The unicorn, (yes they were real) a strong, stately, proud creature, is able to serve, but not willing. The peacock, an emblem of pride, when he struts, he shows his fine feathers. The ostrich, a foolish bird, careless of her young. There are some creatures that are willing to serve man, they take pleasure in serving them and to have the love of their masters. Yet many are so wild that they will never submit to a human, these are all examples of those who know God exists, yet will never submit to Him, everything they do in life is in vain, it's worthless. Until we know Christ, we are walking, talking, dead souls, laboring in vain. “
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.” - 1 John 5:11,12.

We are children of God, we put our faith and trust in Him to lead us and guide us to a prosperous and meaningful life. Yet, we are quick to question Him when we begin losing things. Sooner or later, God will confront us and make us answer some tough questions, which is what He did with Job. “
Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said, Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it. Then Job answered the LORD, and said, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth. Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further. Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?” - Job 40:1-8.

Job did not know how to answer God's questions, his only response, “I am vile (wretched), I have no answer.” Amazingly, the more we build our lives upon the Rock, the more wretched we feel about ourselves when we are faced with affliction. After a while, God will tire of our complaining or self pity and start asking us questions to which we cannot answer and tell us to get ready for battle. “
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:” - 1 Peter 1:13,14.
The Book of Job is very dear to me because God revealed it to me during a time in my life when I lost everything I had in a matter of months, including my health. As I was laying in my bed begging God to take the pain away He said, “Get up, I did not bring you here to leave like this!” His voice was clearer to me than it had ever been, I sat up, got my Bible, was directed to the Book of Job, which I had never even heard of, and read that entire book sitting on the floor in my bedroom. Perhaps God is telling you, “Get up and be a man (that means women too)!”, it's time to do what He says. Find the floor, it's right there under you, you have come this far, you can keep going because you are standing on the Solid, Unmovable, Rock that will never crumble.

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” - 1 Corinthians 3:10-15. Praise God!
Today's Prayer: God, As much as I believe that all things are possible with You I still find myself trying to get up and touch the ground. Maybe it's fear, failure, or lack of knowledge that keeps me from taking that step I need to go forward and see things change in my life. I know you are telling me to get up, but it is so difficult sometimes, please give me Your strength, let me never forget that I do have the foundation under me and that Christ is that foundation. And give me Your power to endure these circumstances, knowing that even though I may never understand the reason for my suffering I may have peace through Your Son. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On Facebook: I'm Following JesusSubscribe To This Devotional: SubscribeUnsubscribe From This Devotional: Unsubscribe

No comments: