6/14 My Strength Is God

Date: Thursday June 14, 2012
Today's Chapters: Psalms 18-21
Message Title: My Strength Is God

Hello My Friend,

The word patience means to endure suffering or affliction without complaining. Perhaps one of the toughest things to do as a Christian is to wait for God, especially when we cannot see an end to our troubles. 
We all have to admit that the majority of the time when we are faced with danger or get caught up in something that we cannot get out of is because we were impatient, and this happens to everyone, not just Christians. However, an amazing thing happens as we learn to wait for God, during the time of wait He strengthens you, prepares you for what you are asking Him for, and keeps you from evil.
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.” - 2 Thessalonians 3:3-6,9.

D
avid, was known as the apple of God's eye, he loved God with all his heart, mind, and soul. He was not perfect, but he knew that by keeping his faith in God he would always see victory. After years of battle with Saul, he finally won, the key to David's victory, he loved God and knew that his strength came from Him. I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.” - Psalm 18:1-6.

Even when we are impatient God knows our hearts, He also knows our flesh, some days I beat myself up over something I have done, hating my flesh because it is so weak. Then I think about others who do not have God in their lives and just how weak they are in their flesh. I realize quickly that I could be just like them, or worse, and I am much stronger than I thought. It's not my flesh that is stronger, it's the power of God that is in me that is my strength. As weak as I am I would hate to think of where I would be if I did not have God in my life on a daily basis. 
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” - Matthew 26:41.

David reflects upon his integrity during his affliction and rejoices in the testimony of his conscience in doing the right thing. He did not give himself the glory for his righteousness, but gave it all to God, knowing that He alone was his strength. “
Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward. For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks. For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.” - Psalm 18:24-28,32.

God not only will deliver His trusting people out of their difficulties as they wait for Him, but will give them grace to endure them in the meantime. “
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” - 2 Corinthians 12:8,9.
David faced much criticism, affliction, persecution, and even chastening from God, but he knew that everything he went through was all to teach him to fear God. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” - Psalm 19:9-14.
The Bible was given to us to show us how we can have a relationship with God. While He could have chosen any nation He chose Israel to be His people frist, they were people like you and I, all were sinners, all of them had times of discouragement, distress, and sorrow. Some of them were even murderers, adulterers, and idol worshipers before and after they chose to live their lives for God. God did not chose perfection, He choose those who were imperfect to represent Him. Why? To show all, Jew and Gentile, that God is merciful and full of grace toward even the worst offender who comes to Him. “Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;” - Romans 2:9,10.

Patience, it's not easy, but it is necessary if we want to see the best that God has for us. What happens when we are impatient anyway? Do not worry, God is still with you, you just made a detour, in time, God will get you back on track. We need God's strength just as much for patience as we do for weakness of our flesh, but no matter how many times we fall, God will pick us back up because He has much patience in waiting for us. 
We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions. Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.” - Psalm 20:5-8.
Today's Prayer: God, As much as I understand that Your timing is everything and as long as I wait patiently You will give me what I am asking for it's not always easy to live that way. I do thank You for bringing me this far, to imagine what mess I would be in if You weren't in my life would be frightening. I know You have more waiting for me through my patience in letting You prepare me, strengthen me, and keep me from evil. I ask You to give me Your power to wait on You, to not become discouraged, and to be strong even though there seems to be no end to my struggling. I trust that You will bring me to victory, my Lord, my strength. In Jesus' name. Amen. 
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On FacebookI'm Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe

No comments: