6/26 A Long Lasting Relationship

Date: Tuesday June 26, 2012
Today's ChaptersPsalms 81-88
Message Title: A Long Lasting Relationship
Hello My Friend,
As Christians it is important to develop a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, the second one calls on Jesus to save them the relationship begins. Just like any relationship, it takes time getting to know one another, but if you never make an effort the relationship will never develop into very much. Jesus has one advantage over us, He knows all about us, but we can learn about Him so we can have a good, solid relationship that will last for eternity. “Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.” - 1 Timothy 6:17-19.
Just like any relationship goes through emotions so does one with Christ and if we are not faithful in the relationship it will become estranged between the both of you. Think about it, since we are made in God's image, don't you think He has the same emotions that we do, love, anger, sadness, joy, gladness, grief, pain, jealousy? If we do not make an effort to be faithful He will let us give into our own lusts without Him . Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me; There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god. I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it. But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!” - Psalm 81:8-13.

The sad thing is that many people do want God in their lives, but few are willing to walk in His ways, therefore, they create their own god by trying develop a relationship with that god. 
Why do you think there are so many different religions out there? It is people making up God to be who they want Him to be, not who He really is. They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.” - Psalm 82:5-8.
God truly does want a relationship with every person, but if they are going to reject the truth and make Him into their own image then He will let them, but He will also let them fend for themselves. “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” - Romans 1:22,23,26,27,32. 

A strange thing happens as we develop our relationship with Christ, we sin less, but the closer we get to Him the more wretched we feel about ourselves even when we are doing right. However, there is something amazing that happens when we humble ourselves to God, we find joy beyond anything that the world can give us. 
How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts! My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God. Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah. Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them. For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.” - Psalm 84:1-5,11,12. 

I am more hard on myself now than I was when I first decided to develop my relationship with Christ, but I also find comfort, forgiveness, and joy in my soul when I think of just how much He has done for me. I no longer find pleasure in the things I thought I needed, but in what Christ can still do for me. “
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;” - Philippians 2:13-15.

To develop a lasting relationship with Christ before He comes for us all one needs to do is learn of Him through the Word of God, walk with Him as you learn about Him, and just ask Him to teach you how to have a lasting relationship with Him. 
Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works. All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.” -Psalm 86:8-13. 
You say you have gotten away from Christ and do not know how to reconcile with Him? Perhaps you have never known Him, but are just learning of Him. Remember, He already knows all about you, He loves you and is waiting for you to just talk to Him. Anytime we have spats or even down right fights with the people we love the hardest part to reconciling is admitting the quilt and or forgiving them, they already know how you feel, they just seek forgiveness or want to be forgiven. Christ will even help you overcome the adversity you are going through, while any relationship here on earth can fail, our relationship with Christ will never fail. “
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30.
Today's Prayer: Jesus, I come to You with an open heart, I want a long, lasting relationship with You before I get to meet you in heaven. Forgive me if I have put a strain on our relationship, give me Your grace and strength to remain faithful to You, to learn of, and walk with You the right way every day. Sometimes the cares of this world want to test me, tempt me, and devour me, but as long as I walk with You I know I can overcome them all. I love You, Jesus. Amen. 
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On FacebookI'm Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe

No comments: