6/27 God Exposing Secrets


Date: Wednesday June 27, 2012
Today's ChaptersPsalms 89-93
Message Title: God Exposing Secrets
Hello My Friend,

We can talk about God, sing to Him, praise Him, read His Word, but the most effective way to communicate with Him is through prayer. Prayer is not just asking God to give us things, prayer is taking your petition to God and seeing Him grant your request. It's a one on one conversation with the Almighty Himself, and guess what He is listening and does answer every request. Perhaps not as we imagine, but there is not one prayer that goes up to God that He does not hear. 
Jesus replied when His disciples asked Him how they should pray to God, “But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.” - Matthew 6:6-8.

God loves to expose secret prayers, I remember the second year we had our youth conference at our church, the preacher asked us to pray for 100 people, but before he even asked that prayer I was praying for 200. I kept praying for the 200, the first day of the conference the preacher's wife was going frantic, there were so many people she was afraid that there was not enough food for them all, I believe we ended up with 197 people. She made a comment and I replied, “Well, I was praying for 200.” God hears us and answers us, we just need to keep reminding ourselves that God's timing is everything, we must not stop praying, and those who fear God will be exalted in due time.
God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him. Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand. Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face. Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted. For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted. But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.” - Psalm 89:7,13-17,24.

To fear God means to give reverence to Him, to honor Him and give Him the glory for all things. Jesus has preeminence in all things, having a more glorious name than any other, but those who fear God will be exalted or praised by God Himself for all the world to see. 
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” - 1 Peter 5:6,7.

God will expose our secret prayers with amazing results to prove that only He could make them happen, but be careful, He will also expose secret sins. 
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men. Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance. For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told. The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath. So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” - Psalm 90:2,3,8-12.
Life really is short, look how fast the first half of 2012 has passed, soon we will be singing Christmas carols again. In the blink of an eye, life on earth is gone, in the blink of an eye, secret sin is exposed and it will leave an impression that will scar a person for life. In the blink of an eye, secret prayers are exposed and they will leave a legacy for generations to come. Those who fear God find their secret place in Him no matter where they go.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.” - Psalm 91:1-4,14-16.

What an amazing God we have, we are not saved by any merit of our own, but simply knowing one name, Jesus Christ and believing in what He did for us. Christ is our shield, our buckler, and always with us, in joy, in peace, and in times of trouble. When we go to Him in our secret place He will expose Himself, He will not only let You know he is there, others will know Him too because they will see Him through your eyes. 
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound. For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.” - Psalm 92:1-4,13-15.

Everything we go through, from exposing answers to prayer, to exposing sin, to bringing us to His secret place, is meant to not only bring us closer to Christ, but also bring others to Him. If we fear God and live through Christ there is nothing He will not do for us, remember, what we do for Him now is what we will take with us for eternity and will leave a legacy for future generations. “
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.” - John 6:26,27.
Today's Prayer: God, I still cannot believe no matter how many times I complain, no matter how many times I mess up, no matter how many times I try to handle things on my own that You are always there for me. I do not deserve such love, but I am not taking it for granted. Lord, open my ears, eyes, and heart, let me make a complete bypass of my circumstances and turn to You. Let me not cease from praying and never stop listening for You to answer me. Teach me to fear You with godly fear and to always trust in Your ways, for they are the key to my success. In Jesus' name. Amen. 
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On FacebookI'm Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe

No comments: