07/17 The Life of A Christian


Date: Tuesday July 17, 2012
Today's ChaptersEcclesiastes 5-8
Message Title: The Life of A Christian 
Hello My Friend,
The Christian life is not a label to put on, but a life to be put in, it's not a system of doctrine to be questioned, but a great principle to be lived out. Genuine faith in Christ overcomes all obstacles and draws us closer to God than we will ever be as we follow His commands, which can only be found in His Word. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments.” - John 14:12-15.

When we accepted Christ as our personal Savior we said a prayer similar to this: Dear God, I confess that I am a sinner, I believe that Jesus died, was buried, and arose to save a me from hell. I ask You to come into my heart and save me and from this moment on I am only trusting You for my salvation. In Jesus' name. Amen.

This is a vow, a personal commitment that one makes with God to trust only in Jesus for their salvation. No matter how good or bad we are unless we personally ask Jesus to save us we will not be saved. “
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” - Romans 10:9,10.

Salvation might save us from hell, but it will not keep us from making wrong decisions or continuing to live in sin. While living the Christian life is not required to be saved, it does give us the best life we can have in honor of what Christ did for us. Solomon warns us about making a vow with God and breaking it. 
Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil. Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words. When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.” - Ecclesiastes 5:1-5.
Amazingly, God gives us all the free will to choose which path we want to follow, now, that does not mean that He approves, but He rather have you follow some other path than say you are following Him and lie about it. You want to offend God? Pretend that you are following Him and you will offend Him. Remember, God is a jealous God and does not take too kindly to people abusing His good graces. “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” - Revelation 3:15,16.
God wants us to prosper, even give us riches, but many people deprive themselves of the good God might have given them by not giving God recognition with what presently have. Solomon reminds us to always recognize God for what He gives us. “Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion. Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God. For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.” - Ecclesiastes 5:18-20.

God gives us skills and talents we have to be used so we can live the best life we can possibly live 
here on earth, we do Him honor to acknowledge that every day because we are who we are because of the person God created us to be. The amazing thing is that the more we acknowledge Him in what He has done for us the more He honors and blesses us. “He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.” - John 12:25,26.
God blessed Solomon with much knowledge and wisdom, he was not only taught to be a good king, but a godly one as well. For a while he prospered greatly because of his relationship with God, but once he started allowing the world to come into his life he became what we call now, a worldly Christian. He loved God, but made some wrong decisions which caused much affliction in his life, Solomon actually wrote the Book of Ecclesiastes at the end of his life when he realized all the worldly things he longed for was pure vanity. Solomon teaches us some amazing things about enduring affliction and being careful about dwelling on past mistakes. “Surely oppression maketh a wise man mad; and a gift destroyeth the heart. Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this. Wisdom is good with an inheritance: and by it there is profit to them that see the sun. For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.” - Ecclesiastes 7:7-12.

We need to be careful not to become too angry so quickly or resent the trials we are facing, it is perfectly fine to get angry, but we are not to allow ourselves to get so angry that we commit sin. God allows the decisions we make for a reason, it is through the afflictions that we learn, grow, and become stronger not only in our faith in God, but as a Christian as well. 
Those who have so much, yet do not know Christ, are always wanting more. Instead of reaching for the treasures of earth we need to be reaching for the treasures that only come from living the Christian life. “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” - Matthew 6:19-21.
Today's Prayer: Jesus, You are a treasure that is rich beyond measure, the things that You have done for me and continue to do are numberless, especially since I do not deserve half of them. I want to live my life the best I can, giving You the recognition, honor, and praise that you deserve. Lord, as I allow You to live in and through me make me a vessel of honor to not only remain committed to You, but bring others to You as well. Glory to Your name, Jesus. Amen. 
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God's PriceLike Us On FacebookI'm Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe
©2012 I'm Following Jesus 

No comments: