08/13 Trusting God


Date: Monday August 13, 2012
Today’s ChaptersJeremiah 19-21
Message Title: Trusting God
Hello My Friend,
God’s grace, it’s an amazing and indescribable thing, it is only by God’s grace that we can be saved from death and hell merely by believing in the death, burial, and resurrection of His Son as the only means to save us. It’s only by God’s grace that we are who we are through the precious blood of Christ that runs through our saved soul. It is also only by God’s grace that no matter how many times we mess us, forsake God, or ignore His warnings that we still have eternal life and never have to ask for it nor do anything else to keep it. “Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Romans 6:8-11,23.
When God choose Israel as the nation that would represent Him as the the only living God who blesses all who trust in Him I imagine His intentions were to show the rest of the world that there is truly only one God and they too can be blessed by knowing Him. God already knew when He chose Israel that they would rebel and turn to the gods of the ones who didn’t know any better, but He gave them all a choice to trust Him or the false gods. God warned the people of Israel time and time again to repent, to turn away from the false gods and trust only in Him, but instead of turning from their wicked ways they embraced them even more, now, the time is coming, judgment is about to begin.
Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the blood of innocents; They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind: Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it, because they have hardened their necks, that they might not hear my words.” – Jeremiah 19:4-6,15.
Nations and their false gods send billions of people straight to hell with their absurd rules and traditions, people literally are born to become a sacrifice, often these suicide missions are the result of some stupid religion. God does not want is to be a human sacrifice, that’s why He used animals in the beginning and came here through Christ so we become a living sacrifice, not a dead one. Trusting in a false god is trusting in a dead god, therefore, you would be dead too if you died right now without Jesus Christ. Trusting in the only God is trusting in a living God, therefore, we too will be living for eternity. “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” – 1 John 5:11-13.
Now, sometimes, even when we are trusting God we seem to hit one obstacle after another. Jeremiah faced a lot of persecution for doing something that God asked him to do, it was not something he was accustomed to so it came as a bit of a shock. After some complaining he realizes one thing, God has always been with him. “Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay. For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him. But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten. But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause. Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD: for he hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers.” – Jeremiah 20:9-13.
While God places judgment upon the wicked He never forsakes those who come to Him through His Son, oh, we might have to suffer through some things, but by the grace of God it’s only to strengthen us spiritually, mentally, and our dependance upon Him. Everything we go through, and I hate to admit it, but even the sinful things God allows is all permitted to bring us closer to Him and to remind us that our dependance needs to be on Him alone. “And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:27,28.
The Word of God is essential in life if we want to learn anything about God and be able to communicate with Him, while anyone can tell you what He is trying to say, you still need His Word to back it up or interpret what He is actually implying. Now, the amazing thing about God’s Word is that you can never read it once and it mean the same, what I mean by that is, God reveals things little by little as we read His Word consistently and continuously. Of course, we will never know everything that God has to say to us, but as long as we keep reading and studying all of His Word we will be stronger and by the grace of God able to handle every obstacle that comes our way. “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” – Ephesians 6:10-13.
Today’s PrayerGod, As I go about day to day life sometimes I get weary and lose sight of Your amazing grace. I am who I am because of Your grace, let me never forget all the sacrifices You made so that I not only get to enjoy eternal life in heaven, but life here on earth as well. I know everything I go through has a reason and purpose to it and one day You will reveal everything I need to know to me. Until then, lead me and guide me as I read Your Word, learn the ways of Your Son, and walk in them. I love You Lord and ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God’s PriceLike Us On FacebookI’m Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe
©2012 I’m Following Jesus 

No comments: