08/31 God’s Mark


Date: Friday August 31, 2012Today’s ChaptersEzekiel 8-11Message Title: God’s Mark
Hello My Friend,
Many nations call themselves Christian nations, I was watching some show with my nephew and they were arguing with each other trying to figure out which holiday observed the birth of Christ. That’s how much of a Christian nation we are today, and it’s not just in America, but all over the world. People claiming they know Jesus, yet have no idea who He is nor want to learn the truth. Our government, schools, and churches are mocking God and making it bad for the ones who truly are Christians. Things like homosexuality and evolution are being justified as normal and something God had made. It’s no wonder why God is so angry and placing judgment upon on our nations. “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.” – 1 Corinthians 6:9-12.
Some time had passed since Jeremiah warned Judah of the coming judgment that God placed upon the kingdom and it came to pass, you would have thought with all the destruction and the people being taken away that the people who remained would have repented and returned to God. That was not the case, in fact, it got much worse, in a miraculous event, God showed Ezekiel exactly what was going on in Judah and Jerusalem while he remained in Babylon. What he saw was a corrupt, wicked, and perverse city and the reason why God had no pity on them. “And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain. So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about. Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose. Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.” – Ezekiel 8:4,10,17,18.
People who worship false gods and idols, whatever they may be, often look to God when trouble comes their way, I saw a movie that was about witches, they had all these powers to drum up spells, but when the spells went array or did not work they were calling on God to help them. In reality, the average person relies on their special powers to get them through life, and it’s only when their powers cannot help them or hurt them that they look to God, whom they cannot find because they do not know the true, living God. God will help anyone who comes to Him, but if they do not know Jesus Christ personally as their Savior, He cannot hear their cries.
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” – 1 John 1:6-9.
A mark is an impression, something that symbolizes who or what you are, we all have a mark of some kind, that is what makes us all unique from one another. Those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior have an special mark upon them, one that says, “I am saved by the blood of Christ.” God takes Ezekiel on a gruesome journey to see the fate of all, Israel included, who do not have the mark of Christ applied to them. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem? Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not. And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.” – Ezekiel 9:4,6,8-10.
The word recompense means to compensate, to repay what is due according to any thing given, for instance, a person who works a job get compensated or paid for the work they have done. Whether people realize it or not, God sees everything, and we will get compensated for everything we do. Ezekiel, was so overwhelmed by what he saw he just knew that all of Israel was done for, but God gave him some hope when he asked if He was going to destroy all of Israel. “Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession. Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come. Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD.” – Ezekiel 11:15-17,21.
The same God of Israel is same God of America, China, Rome, Egypt, and every other nation, only those who have the mark, the blood of Christ, upon them will be saved and brought to Israel to live there with Jesus as He reigns as King in Jerusalem. “Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:” – Revelation 3:11,12,15-17.
Today’s Prayer: God, It’s scary to see all that is happening in the world today and realize that Your judgment is upon all nations. Lord, open the hearts of those who are looking to their false gods and religions to help them and save them from Your wrath. We who are saved, keep us strong and protected against all the corruption and wickedness, give us Your power to stand strong in our faith, tell others the truth, and not be pulled into the likeness of their standards. Help us to be a witness and a testimony and keep us looking to You so we do not get caught up in all the vileness of the world. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? Visit: God’s PriceLike Us On FacebookI’m Following JesusSubscribe To This DevotionalSubscribeUnsubscribe From This DevotionalUnsubscribe
©2012 I’m Following Jesus 

No comments: