09/04 You Are Chosen


Date: Tuesday September 04, 2012
Today’s ChaptersEzekiel 20-21
Message Title: You Are Chosen
Hello My Friend,
God tells Christians over, and over, and over again to cast away the abominations that keep them from needless pain and suffering, yet many will continue to follow the sinful lives they are leading and wonder why they are having such a hard time in life. The sad thing is the first thing they do is blame God and turn their backs on Him. It is time for all backsliding Christians to stop blaming God and everyone else for their problems, fess up, get over it, and return to serving God again. “We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,” – 2 Corinthians 6:1-4,7.
On three occasions the elders went to Ezekiel to seek answers from God (8:1; 14:1; 20:1). On the first occasion, Ezekiel exposed their sins and foretold Jerusalem’s destruction because of idolatry. On the second occasion, God revealed to Ezekiel that the elders were not sincere and had no desire to do His will. This time, God told them that He will not hear their pleas and reminded them of the reason for the Israels destruction. “Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness. Nevertheless I withdrew mine hand, and wrought for my name’s sake, that it should not be polluted in the sight of the heathen, in whose sight I brought them forth. I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries; Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers’ idols.” – Ezekiel 20:21-24.
It was out of pure rebellion, disregarding His Word, and falling into the corruption of the heathen nations that God let them suffer. When they would not listen to His warnings He let them walk in their own judgments, this is that same as an unfaithful spouse who faces the consequences of adultery. Anyone who chooses to disobey the law, whatever it may, has to walk in the judgments of breaking the law. “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” – Galatians 6:7,8.
God reminded them that from the time they were freed in Egypt, that He was their God, He loved them, even when they rebelled against them, and would be there for them if they would just repent. However, time and time again they continued to rebel, thus God’s judgment, through Ezekiel God continues to expose Israels rebellion, this time He reveals some hope for them. “As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols. For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things. I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen. And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.” – Ezekiel 20:39-42.
Israel did not just volunteer to be God’s people, they were chosen by Him personally. That alone should have been a blessing to them, but that fact never seemed to grasp their attention. time and time again they continued to rebel, thus God’s judgment, through Ezekiel God continues to expose Israels rebellion, this time He reveals a prophesy. “Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel, And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked. Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north: That all flesh may know that I the LORD have drawn forth my sword out of his sheath: it shall not return any more. Sigh therefore, thou son of man, with the breaking of thy loins; and with bitterness sigh before their eyes. And it shall be, when they say unto thee, Wherefore sighest thou? that thou shalt answer, For the tidings; because it cometh: and every heart shall melt, and all hands shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, and all knees shall be weak as water: behold, it cometh, and shall be brought to pass, saith the Lord GOD.” – Ezekiel 21:2-7.
Whatever instruments God uses in executing His judgments, He uses them to get the lost to repent and the saved to return to Him. God’s sword will be none other than His Word, in fact, all He will do is speak His Word and justice will be done. “And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” – Revelation 1:16-18.
As Christians, we are not just volunteered to be God’s people either, we are chosen by Christ Himself to not only be witnesses, but and example to follow to show the world God’s great mercy and grace. Because we are chosen we are going to suffer as Jesus did, but we should count all suffering as blessings because, it is better to suffer for well doing than evil. “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake, because they know not him that sent me.” – John 15:7,16,20,21.
Today’s Prayer: God, We are reminded that Your Word does not return void, but accomplishes that which You desire. I want Your Word to be a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path. Your Word is divinely inspired and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that I can become the godly example You chose me to be. I am grateful for the guidance I receive daily through faithfully reading and applying Scripture to my life. Lead me and guide me, keep me looking to You and not the circumstances I face, and help me to remain obedient to Your commands so I do not have to suffer for my own judgments. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Are You 100% Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? VisitGod’s Price
Like Us On FacebookI’m Following Jesus
SubscribeSubscribe
UnsubscribeUnsubscribe
©2012 I’m Following Jesus 

No comments: