3/13 Life in the Parkie Lane

Changes         

                                           
What if you boss told you that you cannot speak of your faith on the job. What if you heard, "You cannot have our Parkinson's organization's brochures at your book signings, you cannot mention our organization's name on your website, Youtube, Facebook, etc., and you cannot mention Jesus if you represent our organization by speaking." What if an administrator said, "You cannot post scriptures or mention God on this Facebook group." What if your grown kids told you that you cannot see your grandchildren unless you forsake God and embrace and approve of their sin. What if these kinds of divisions occurred in your life.  What would you do?

I do not hide the fact I am Christian, but have never forced anything in those kids of situations either. I am still in the same place, believing in the same KJV Bible as I have since I received Christ as my Savior. My position has not changed, but changes have happened. Divisions have occurred.

Christians throughout history have been martyred simply because they are Christian. They have not caused uprisings. They have committed no crimes. They just lived for Jesus. Then one day they were confronted with a choice - Jesus or die.

I understand that my choices pale in comparison. However, the question remains: When an ultimatum is placed before us what will we do?

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." Luke 12:51-53 


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: