3/29 Life in the Parkie Lane

A Renewed Beginning                                                                          


This year I realized that my life needed refocusing and readjusting.  God engineered circumstances to make that clear to me.

I had pastored in Idaho until it was time for a new beginning.  I have worked various ministries under my current pastor, but my Parkinson's made changes in my life. I had gotten involved in PD awareness - not a bad thing.  Actually, it was the right thing at the time for me. However, God has now changed my involvement in the PD arena from promoting PD awareness back to promoting Jesus awareness.  I had received negative motivation to pull away from PD awareness, and have discovered positive affirmation that this renewed beginning of returning to Jesus awareness is the correct move (These devotionals are the result of that).

In today's verses, Jesus knew what was happening, but the people didn't.  They needed to know why Jesus was going to move on. God revealed both the positive and negative. It was time for Jesus to increase. It was time to begin His ministry on earth.

John the Baptist stepped back and allowed Jesus to increase. The Pharisees had heard that Jesus' popularity was growing. Jesus knew that they were going to be a problem, soon.  He knew they just wanted to cause trouble and would not listen to Him. The Pharisees were the negative motivation, while the need in Samaria was the positive affirmation. Time for a new beginning - Jesus' beginning His earthly ministry.

"When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.” John 4:1-3.


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: