3/28 Life in the Parkie Lane

Beware of the Troll                                                                   


I have joined certain Facebook groups only to find same argumentative person is stirring up trouble.  If nothing changes, I leave the group.  I don't need the stress.  Internet jargon calls this kind of person a troll. 

It gives an entirely new meaning to trolling. Fishermen use the term when slowly putting along in their boats with their baited hooks and lines dragging behind in the water.  I do see a similarity, I suppose.  The fishermen are hoping to stir up some fish while trolling, while the troll is looking to stir up trouble.

I have discovered that there are trolls everywhere in life, out driving, in the store, at work. Some people are not happy and want to spread the grump around.  Since, the grump is contagious, others will get grumpy, too.  I have found myself getting troll-like when trolls are around. 

I have met people with Parkinson's that are downright bitter.  They get angry with me for not being mad at God for it.  Some want to relay the message that they have it tougher than everyone else does. They can turn into trolls by focusing on how bad they have it rather than look for the blessings.  

Some days I can turn into a troll, too, especially if I am having a bad day or the meds are messing with me.  I have to work hard to protect my attitude. I must recognize trollness in me and repent of it as soon as I can.  I try to beware of the troll.

"Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:
Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul." Proverbs 22:24-25.

"An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression." Proverbs 29:22.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: