4-27-14 Life in the Parkie Lane

No Better                                                                                


I like to think that I am my own person, that I am not influenced by popular opinion.  I find that I look down on the politicians for watching the polls instead of having some backbone and standing by his/her convictions. Yet, I discovered that I fall into the same trap.  I find myself checking to see how many "likes" a Facebook post gets, how many friends I have, how many "likes" on my author page, how many people visited my website. I like being liked, I hate being hated.  I want to be popular. I want my books to sell. I want my stuff to go "viral." 

The point God showed me is that I should not be concerned about how many respond.  I am simply to share what He has brought to my heart's attention. If God can use it, that is the main thing.  If others like it, that is a bonus.  Just because a post didn't get the "likes" I would like, doesn't mean that it was anemic.

I am humbled by the idea that I am no better than the politicians looking at the polls. Repentance time!  

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10. 



© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: