4/18 Life in the Parkie Lane

Life is More Than Pizza 


My imagination blended my life and times with this story. The disciples went to Pizza Hut buffet and returned with meal of pizza, breadsticks and Pepsi for Jesus and offered it to Him, only to have Him reject it. Befuddlement set in, "He has meat I know not of? Who brought Him lunch? I don't see anything."
"My meat is to do the will of Him that sent me, to finish His work." 

"I'm sorry, but what does that mean? Ohhh, I got it now. He's using a different definition of "meat" to show me a truth. He's saying life is more than pizza. He's talking about purpose! Wow, sometimes, I am not only dim, but I am slow, too. I just wish I wouldn't open my mouth and let the other disciples know it."

Mark Twain said: “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Finding purpose is life, ah that is a good question. Am I here for a purpose? Most of us wander through life hoping we will bump into our purpose one day. I walked into a full length mirror as a kid, and left a very large nose print on it, no great purpose there.

After I trusted Christ, I found a purpose - serving Him and telling people about Him. Jesus became the meat of the matter for my life. This opened doors for ventriloquism, writing, pastoring, mentoring… hopefully, a help for somebody.

"In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." John 4:31-34.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: