4-20-14 Life in the Parkie Lane

When Did God Die?                                                                                       


I remember a time when a debate raged about whether "God is Dead."  Currently, there is a movie out called, "God is Not Dead."  Which is it? Did God die or not?

Everything begins and ends with God. Isaiah 44:6 and many other Old Testament verses say that the LORD (all upper case in the KJV means Jehovah) is the first and the last. Revelation 1:8,11; 21:6; 22:13 continue this thought.

Today's verse reveals something.  The first and the last, who is God, "was dead." God died. When did God die?  "And behold, I am alive for evermore." Yet He is alive.  This means that God in human flesh -  Jesus - died and rose again. 

God died on the cross for you and I!  He rose again! He did die and yet He is not dead. 

When did God die? On the cross.  Yet, God is not dead!

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Rev 1:17-18

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: