5-11-14 Life in the Parkie Lane

Life Gets Loopy Sometimes                                                      
 
Sometimes life is boring, just the same dull menial tasks day in and day out. Then there are times when you know not what will happen next. Sometimes life gets loopy (slightly crazy).
 
We decided to paint the house this year. Once we decided to do that other things began vying for attention. I needed to fix a switch on my pickup, the toilet began to act up, a tire went flat and needed attention, etc. I discovered that there was no milk in the fridge for my Grape Nuts, which meant a run to the grocery story, then once I got home I found that there was no creamer for our coffee or tea - back to the store, I went. Life gets loopy sometimes.
 
In this area of the country, there are two seasons: summer and road construction. Yup, road constriction (intended word) at a busy nearby intersection. Then there are also red lights to deal with. Such hurdles make people do incredulous things while driving. Life gets loopy sometimes.
 
I knew better than to buy the cheap stuff on special for the white interior paint. Skim milk would have covered better. This meant another trip to the hardware store to return it and buy some good stuff. Wow, so much better - it was like painting with heavy cream. After I finished, I noticed that I could still see that my patchwork to fix minor defects was in itself defective. More to do - life gets loopy sometimes.
 
Then other stuff began happening. People stuff. Friends and relatives want to get together. Life gets loopy - not you, I don't mean that you are loopy - life gets loopy. Unless its me thats loopy, that is.
 
"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thous knowest not what a day may bring forth." Proverbs 27:1.
 
Copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: