5-18-14 Life in the Parkie Lane

It's Alive!                                                                                  

It is interesting to note that the passage for today says that everybody will be resurrected, some unto life and some unto damnation.  Those that do good are those that have trusted in Jesus as their Savior and those that do evil are those that denied Jesus (as illustrated by verses such as Ephesians 2:8-9  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast).

Mary Shelley's fictional, Victor Frankenstein, brought to life a monster. This creature shows the mess man would make if he could resurrect the dead. In the movie version of the story, Dr. Frankenstein shouted, "It's alive" in victory over death. All he really accomplished was creating a life of pain and misery for himself and his creature. This exemplifies what a mess man would do, if he could really resurrect the dead!

The resurrection in the story was temporary, while the resurrection through Jesus is permanent.  We can be resurrected unto life or unto damnation. This event could happen at any time. The secret is being ready. I have trusted in Christ - I am ready.  .  I am ready to be free of the pain and misery of this world!


Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. John 5:28 -31


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: