5-23-14 Life in the Parkie Lane

The Blood was Still There                                                              

A few years ago, I saw a CSI show on TV before they were popular. A true story was presented in documentary style on PBS about a woman who had disappeared.

As the police investigated, they noted some oddities, but the most glaring was the discovery of a large amount of blood in the carpet.  Otherwise, the place was spotless, nothing out of place. They turned the lights off and sprayed luminol on the walls and discovered splatters of blood.  The blood had been washed off, yet the blood was still there and was revealed by the luminol.  The husband confessed of the murder at that point.

The Old Testament records an event in Israelite history commonly referred to as the Passover.  The Jews were to sacrifice a lamb and place some blood on the outside surface of sides and top of the door opening.  When the death angel came through that night and saw the blood, it would pass over those households.

This event was a preview of Christ's blood shed on the cross.  His blood protects us from death - if we have trusted in Him.  Christ endured the cruel death of the sacrificial Lamb of God for you and me.  When I trusted in Jesus as my Savior, I was covered by the blood of the Lamb!  And the blood is still there - I am still covered.

"And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt." Exodus 12:13.

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." Matthew 26:28 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: