6-12-14 Prove It

"Say a "p" word without moving your lips." Someone demanded when they found out I have a book on Gospel ventriloquism with videos on Youtube & Godtube and, as well.

"Ok, pterodactyl."

"C'mon, I'm serious."

"I am, too. I did what you asked. Don't you believe I can do it?"

"I just wanted proof." He said, while positioning himself one foot in front of my face, focusing on my lips. "Throw your voice…over there," he demanded as he pointed at a chair, then added, "make that guy over there talk like a woman."

"To do ventriloquism properly, I need my assistant to help. So, some other time." As I walked away, I continued talking to myself about this yahoo without moving my lips.

Jesus must have been just as annoyed with the people demanding a sign from Him after he had just fed 5000 and walked on the water.  They said God gave them bread in the wilderness.  Then they challenged Jesus to do something just as great. 

Jesus explained to them that He was the Bread of Life - something much better.  Bread gave life for a short period, but the Bread of Life could give eternal life. They were looking right at Jesus and did not believe. If He had given them a sign, they would keep demanding more signs.

"They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?" …John 6:30 "But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. John 6:36."

copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: