6-13-14 It's Gonna Be a Bad Day

"It's gonna be a bad day!" said a co-worker of mine. 

"My that's rather Eeyore* of you." I replied, "What's wrong?"

"It's Friday the 13th…its gonna be a bad day. It will probably rain, too."

Throughout the day I would ask him how his day was going.  He trudged along in a state of pending depression, waiting for things to go wrong.  They never did, but he never gave up on his belief that they would - the day hadn't ended yet. I can only imagine how he would feel today with a full moon and Friday the 13th on the same day. 

The cares of this world can become overwhelming, why make some up? I have never noticed Friday the 13th being any different from any other day - ups and owns in them all.  I worked in a hospital and never noticed any difference in patients or weird occurrences when there was a full moon from any other day.

I don't know about you, but I have enough going on without making up reasons to be depressed. I why allow silly things to destroy my joy in Christ?

"And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful." Mark 4:19.  

*Eeyore is the donkey from Winnie-the-Pooh

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff (except for use of the Eeyore picture and Eeyore name)


No comments: