6-28-14 Prove It!

"God loves me.  He made me this way.  He accepts and approves of my life just the way it is," are some of the misconceptions of "love" these days.

God does love me, but He never has accepted and approved of my sin.  One day years ago, I realized my sin caused a wedge in our relationship. In fact, we really didn't have one no matter what I told myself. I had to admit that if I stood before God I would face hell.  I bowed my knee and asked God to save me, and forsook my sin.  Our relationship is great, unless I sin again.  Even then, God is faithful to forgive my sin and is willing to restore our relationship if I come to Him for restoration.

I know God loves me because He proved (commended) that long before I was even born.  He did not accept me or approve of my sin.  However, because He loves me, He provided a way for me to come to Him. Jesus died for me!

When I think on what Jesus endured for me, I am ashamed that I would ever think that God would accept and approve my sin.  In fact, that is redefining love to appease my guilty conscience.  If I am ok as is, then Jesus would never have had to die on the cross to pay for my sins.  

I like to personalize verses at time to help me understand them, for example today's verse would be: "But God commendeth his love toward me, in that while I was yet a sinner, Christ died for me."

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: