6-3-14 I'm Always Right


Sometimes I get involved in interesting conversations.  I don't know why, they are attracted to me, I guess.  Here is an example between my wife and me.

Katie: "I'm always right."

Me: "Most of the time."

Katie: "Sometimes."

Me: "Occassionally."

Katie: "Once in a while."

Me: "On a rare occasion."

That is a fun conversation. I also know that I like to be right. However, I am often wrong even though I think I am right. I find myself defending my rightness even after my idea has been proven wrong. At times, I have discovered that what I considered to be right was actually wrong according to the Bible.  Defending my opinion, no matter how much I believe it is right when it is not, is foolish. The Bible sets the standard on right and wrong.  So, it is wise to listen to it and counsel derived from it. The only way for me to be right is to acknowledge that God is always right.

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise." Proverbs 12:15.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: