6-30-14 Garbage Day

Today is garbage day.  Trucks from several garbage companies descend upon our neighborhood. It's the day I get rid of all the stuff I threw away through the past week. Some things are broken, defective and worn out.  Some things were packaging and so their purpose is over.  Some things have corrupted and spoiled. Some things I simply never used or read and so I threw them away.  I watch with relief as the driver arrives and empties the can.  All that worthless stuff is gone! 

Face it.  We all find certain people worthless.  We all have prejudices and look down on some people.  We would remove them from our lives - we would cast them away. I am so happy that God is not like that.  Jesus will not turn away anyone that comes to Him for salvation even if people consider them the garbage of the world.

Some days I feel like refuse, at least my Parkinson's makes me feel that way. I feel broken, defective and worn out.  At times, I feel as if my purpose in life is over. Other times, sin spoils and corrupts my attitude and relationship with Jesus. The good news is that Jesus does not throw me away because of these things.  God worked in my heart and brought me to Jesus. I hope you will trust in Jesus today, too.

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:37-40.


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: