7-1-14 Waking Up with Jesus

I have always liked the mornings. Throughout my life, I would wake up energized and ready for the day. That doesn't happen so much now, with Parkinson's, especially in the winter. Some say it is simply that I am getting older. Regardless, my body complains.

On those days, my alarm goes off, I take my meds and return to bed and wait for them to kick in.  I can dose off, but when they take effect, I usually wake up with the stiffness gone or greatly minimized.  The fatigue has also abated and I do better - sometimes in the summer I can actually appreciate the morning again. 

Oftentimes, I have to push myself along.  Part of my routine is to write this devotional every morning and pray.  Then, I have some thing I want or need to do. 

I also need God to prompt me of His lovingkindness in the morning - a much better start to my day than reviewing my problems, or taking inventory of my aches and pains. His lovingkindness reminds me to trust in Him. Thus, instead of taking a stroll with worry and frustration, I walk with Him.  I surrender my very being unto God. 

King David penned this verse.  In the rest of the psalm (song) he expresses his concerns regarding his enemies.  If he can turn to God in the midst of his trials and hardships, so can I.  If he can focus on God, then so can I.  What better way to start the day than waking up with Jesus?

"Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee" Psalm 143:8.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: