6-5-14 I'm So Glad Its You

 I am convinced that dogs have imaginations.  Every dog I have ever known believes in aliens from other planets. Dickens, for example, will announce vehemently when UFO's arrive.  He can watch me go into a dark room and still bark, whine, fuss and allow anxiety to take over.  He is sure I turned into an alien.  Being head of security for our household, he feels he must make every attempt to take care of the problem. Eventually, he gets close enough to sniff me or hears my voice and says, "I'm so glad its you! I was soooo scared." 

Meanwhile in the Bible:  "Remind me again why we are rowing out on the sea in the dark. I hate the dark." A voice in the darkness complained.

"You baby, do you need a nightlight?" Another voice teased.

Suddenly, a loud booming thunderclap shook the boat! Lightening flashed and in those quick moments illuminated the surface of the water. 

"A ghost!" cried a panicked voice regarding a figure walking on the water.  However, it wasn't floating above the water like a spirit. It was taking steps, but not like a tenderfoot on gravel. It wasn't zipping along like on water skis.  They kept watching as the figure approached.

Eventually, they recognized Jesus and said. "I am so glad its you! I was so scared!"

Often my imagination runs crazy like our dogs' imaginations. I get anxious about life, especially during a "storm."  But that's when I look the hardest to identify the alien or ghost and find it was ok all along.  Jesus was there, I just didn't recognize Him.

"So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid.
But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid." John 6:19-20.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: