6-6-14 Try Him Again, for the Very First Time

 A few years ago, Kellogg's Cornflakes ran an ad campaign saying, "Try them again for the very first time." So, I did. They were exactly as I remembered and I enjoyed eating them for a while.  Then, I switched to Frosted Cornflakes. Eventually, I switched to something else.  I got wild and crazy once and bought Captain Crunch. That tasted good for a treat, then I went to toast, then bagels, then omelets, then breakfast burritos, then finally back to Grape Nuts. Cornflakes has been forgotten again.

Similarly, I have found that I go about living my life wandering from this and that until one day I discover that I quit doing something I used to do. Such as, I had quit praying or reading my Bible or writing my devotions in the mornings.

Some things, like cornflakes, don't really matter if they aren't in my life.  However, it is vitally important that I maintain my relationship with Jesus.  Sometimes life pulls me away from my routine, or illness, or my Parkinson's messes things up and I forget stuff.  Every now and again, I must: try him again, for the very first time.

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me." Psalm 138:7. 


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: