6-9-14 You Dressed Yourself Didn't You?

"You dressed yourself today didn't you?" My wife asked.

"Why, what's wrong?" I asked as I looked in the mirror.

"You are not planning on wearing that shirt and tie together are you?"

"Well yeah. I mean I wouldn't have gone to all the effort of putting them on if I didn't."

"They don't go together.  You need to get a different tie or a different shirt."

"I opt for the tie then, there are a lot less buttons." At that point, my wife helped me pick out a tie that matched. I guess I am not a good judge of colors. I learned that there are blues that clash with other blues, greens that clash with other greens, etc. Who'd a thunk it?

Every day, I have to make judgments - is this a pear or a mango? A fig or a raisin? An apple or a tomato? Poison ivy? Good company or bad company. Dirty clothes or clean clothes. Appropriate attire or inappropriate. The Bible says I need to be able to judge people.  Who is trustworthy? Who is honest? Who would make a good friend for my child? Who would be good for me to befriend?

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matthew 7:20.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: