7-10-14 Free Thinkers

Contrary to what some people think, I do think for myself.  Some days my thinker works better than other days. Because I don't think what some people think, they think I don't think. Sometimes my thoughts work independently of my vast array of knowledge and bits of trivia stored away in my mental filing cabinet. This makes me a "free thinker."

Since I have met people that tell me that they are "free thinkers," as if they are the only ones with a thought process, I decided to Google it and found that a "free thinker is:
"a person who forms his or her ideas and opinions independently of authority or accepted views, esp. in matters of religion". To me this means that there are some sort of guidelines about what not to think. Therefore, I think that choosing to think thoughts that reject the Bible are merely opinions based on suppositions, thoughts, imaginations, fantasies, whimsies, speculations, and more opinions, which plants one's feet firmly in the air.

I think I am free to think on things that God recommends I think on.  Keeps me from "stinkin' thinking'" methinks.

After thinking on this, I realize that we all embrace someone's thinking.  We all choose what and whom we will believe. I am free to choose to believe the Bible.  I am free to choose to agree with God's thinking. Therefore, I think I am a "free thinker." Who'd a thunk it?

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8.

"The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity." Psalm 94:11. 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: