7-9-14 Grrrr, Frumble, Mmmmble, Frzzle, Fratz

"Grrrr, frumble, mmmmble, frzzle, fratz." I said under my breath one morning.

"What did you say?" asked my wife.

"Nothing, dear." 

"Sounded like you said something." She insisted.

"Just talking to the dog."

"He's in here with me." 

"I'm just fussing to myself." I confessed.

"Is it helping?" She asked.

"No, I'm just making myself more upset. The more I fuss, the more I want to fuss."

"Well, don't listen to yourself when you complain."

"Oh, grrrr, frumble, mmmmble, frzzle, fratz. I know you are right, grumbling doesn't solve anything."

It's easy to mumble grumble fuss fume and complain when something doesn't go my way, or I don't understand something. It seems a natural response for me. Jesus got after them Jews in this passage because they fussed among themselves rather than trying to understand His message. Fussing to myself takes away my peace, but turning to Jesus gives me peace.  Now, all I need to is remember this next time. 

Let me tell you about my memory… grrrr, frumble, mmmmble, frzzle, fratz.

"Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves." John 6:43.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: