7-23-14 No Immunity

 I heard a preacher say one time that he was in the "bubble-popping" ministry.  When someone would say something to him like, "We have eight kids and they are all on the mission field, not living in sin like some people's kids." He would say something along this line, "Well, its never too late, they might forsake God at any time. In fact, you or I might do so."

It is easy for any of us to think that we have a handle on things, but the truth is that we are not immune from the very same thing.  We could walk away from God today.  Oh,we would not be planning it. We would not be expecting it. But, the potential is there.  No one is immune, and it might not take much to push me over the edge. It might be a stinging remark from another Christian, it might be an insult, it might be discouragement, it might be failing to understand God, but then again it might be a premeditated planned abandonment of God.

The odd thing is that the times I think I am the strongest are the times I am most vulnerable to falling. Therefore, I need to be watchful that I stay near my Lord. Maybe that is one of the reasons for my Parkinson's disease - it’s a constant reminder of my frailty.


"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." 1 Corinthians 10:12.


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: