7-22-14 Lost or Not?


I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ~ A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh.

"Hey, there's some footprints, we can just follow them out of here." I suggested to my hunting companion.

We had gone hunting in the woods.  We had never gone hunting in the woods before and didn't realize how much woods look like other woods.  We had grown up on the plains where there wasn't the problem of being able to see distances. The more woods we walked through the more woods there were that looked just like the woods we had walked through. 

The discovery of footprints excited me. Somebody else was here! Certainly, they knew how to get out of the woods.  We followed them until more footprints joined them. This was getting exciting, especially when more footprints joined the existing footprints - until we realized that the footprints that joined the existing footprints looked exactly like all the other footprints.  Then we realized that the size and tread design looked identical to all the others.  We were following ourselves in a circle through the woods. We never felt lost until that moment.  We were lost.  The good news is that we eventually found our way out and to our car.

I remember going through life thinking I was not lost.  I knew where I was and what I was doing, until one day I realized that I really was lost.  I couldn't find my way out of this one. I needed help.  God found me.  I accepted His help and was saved!

"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost." Matthew 18:11.



© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: