7-6-14 Its the Pastor!

As a pastor, I would visit people that visited our church. Sometimes I would visit the members.  I always found it amusing to hear, "It's Pastor!" Then I would hear mad scrambling inside the house, bonking sounds and hushed yet anxious voices talking. Within a minute or two, someone would answer the door.

"Come in, Pastor" We were just…just…um…um…talking about the Bible. Could you tell us whether Adam had a belly-button?" I would enter the dimly lit room, cigarette smoke still hangin in the air along with the odor of beer. Sometimes a sweet smoky smell would still linger.

Other times, people would meet me at the door and open it without hesitation.  I would enter into a home with Christian decorations, fresh air and a welcoming spirit present.

The difference for me was that some were ashamed of their lifestyle and some were not.  Some wanted to hide what they were doing and some made no effort to do so.  Living for God produces no shame. 

Not everybody like me because I am Christian, but I am not ashamed of Christ.  I make no apologies for believing the Word of God.  I have no problem with going to church 3x a week.  A Bible present in the room doesn't seem out of place for me.

"For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:11.


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: